Enduro Logistics

WhiteGiant

Maximum Pace
Nov 4, 2006
Kita-Ueno
This is a re-post from the "Enduro" thread.

The race day schedule is as follows:

06:00 駐車場オープン - Car-park open
07:00 選手受付開始 - Rider registration
09:00 2時間チームエンデューロ スタート – 2-hour Enduro Start
11:00 2時間チームエンデユーロ 終了 – 2-hour Enduro Finish
11:30 4時間チームエンデューロ スタート – 4-hour Enduro Start
15:30 4時間チームエンデューロ 終了 – 4-hour Enduro Finish
16:00 表彰式 – Award Ceremony
17:00 大会終了 – Event Finish

The registration on race day will be open until 11:00 (30 minutes before the start).
That means we won't have to rush of get there too early.

Most of the riders coming in from the Tokyo / Kanagawa side of the bay (who aren’t driving) will most likely be travelling by train.

There are two stations that are viable as entrance points. The first is Goi, and the second is Kisarazu.
Even though it will mean an extra 10 minutes on the train, my preference is for Kisarazu – from where we will have a 17-18km bike ride.

Please check the map here.

Even though we have a bit more time than we (I) originally thought, we should probably still look at arriving in Kisarazu before 9:30, with the aim of getting to the track at around 10:15 - 10:30.
There is a fast train that leaves Shinjuku at 7:50, and Akihabara at 8:03, that arrives in Kisarazu at 9:08. Here's the link.
I'll be catching this train from Kinshicho at 8:10.
Please note that this train requires an "Express ticket", and is more expensive than a regular train.

For those catching a regular train, the connecting train from Chiba departs at 8:43, from platform 4.
If you're coming from Tokyo station via the Keiyo-line, you can connect to the same train at Soga (蘇我) at 8:49-8:53, which arrives in Kisarazu at 9:26.

I hope this is convenient for everyone.

Rubber down! T

Gunjira

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2009
Tokyo
There is a fast train that leaves Shinjuku at 7:50, and Akihabara at 8:03, that arrives in Kisarazu at 9:08. Here's the link.
I'll be catching this train from Kinshicho at 8:10.
Please note that this train requires an "Express ticket", and is more expensive than a regular train.
I will be getting on this train in Shinjuku. Glad that I don't have to get up too early.
Thanks for looking this up!

Jan 14, 2007
Noda
japanichiban.com
I'll be on the train that arrives Kisarazu 9:26.

Cleaned my bike, race tyres on, even cleaned the sprockets for the first time ever!

Heres one of many youtube vids of the circuit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJXzoXCjZ_Y

Do you reckon its possible for the a breakaway to lap the main field, only 2.4km a lap?
Look similar to Tsukuba circuit. Enduros at Tsukuba have the main peloton go all day for 8 hours. They lap lots of other riders many times. The start is vital in these courses as there is usually a split and you want to be up the front when the split happens. Usually in the first two laps and quite often after a beginner's crash. Unlikely a small group can break away and stay away all day.