What's new

Electric bikes

stu_kawagoe

Maximum Pace
Jun 23, 2018
I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts about e-bikes as my dad is thinking about getting one. We went into one of the big chain reatailers over here the other day and he's getting a 48 hour trial on on a Carrera Crossfire (the hybrid £1200 pound one) next month. He was kind of interested in the full suspension/hard tail options but I said that was probably overkill given he's 70 and has had various joints replaced. They do live in a reasonably hilly area though so maybe an MTB would be better🤔 One thing I did tell him was that he'd get better battery life if he spent more, which is obviously important.

Anyway, if anyone has any info or whatever they'd like to share, it would be most appreciated.

Stu

Absolutely perfect for dad.
I would thoroughly recommend one for him.

However,I think,especially in Japan,the wrong types of people are using them.
People who barely weigh 35kg,obatarians who don't give a f!#"k about anyone else,young parents whose IQ's haven't caught up to their age,etc.

Make sure you get one for your father.
He will be out on it all of the time.
Good both mentally and physically.

Thanks for the reply @Forsbrook! I do hope he decides to get the bike. As you say, it will be great for him to get a bit of exercise and also that bit of freedom we all love so much with cycling. Hopefully, we'll be able to go for a ride together next time I'm back in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom