What's new

Edogawa Construction

Forsbrook

Maximum Pace
Feb 13, 2008
Due to its ongoing war on nature,the Ministry of Construction has closed the cycle road on the Saitama side of the river from Noda Bashi up to the Route 16 bridge. An alternative route hasn't
been made available.

Evidently a few renegade trees were seen in the area resulting in the Ministry deciding to carpet-concrete the entire area.
Asked why a detour hadn't been prepared a spokesman replied,"we didn't want to give the trees any avenue of escape.Additionally, we like to use the tax payers' money prudently."

Operation Squander is expected to be over by March 31,2014.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Confirmed.

Past Route 16, east of Kasukabe, the river remains open. If anybody really needs to ride the Edogawa north of Kasukabe, this is entirely possible, but you will need to by-pass the construction through town.

On my way back home,this time on the Chiba side of the river,I discovered that the bike path is also out from the Hosyubana Bridge all the way to the Route 16 bridge(Operation Squander 2?).Again,no detour being readied,however that stretch of road is not too travelled but the vehicles that do go on it totally ignore the speed limit,so be careful!

That's where the tornado ripped through last month. The alternative route is to ride on the Chiba side.
There will be work on both sides near Noda bashi for the next few months. They'll be making the river deeper and building up the banks.

That's where the tornado ripped through last month. The alternative route is to ride on the Chiba side.
There will be work on both sides near Noda bashi for the next few months. They'll be making the river deeper and building up the banks.

Thank god for that! Can't have any shallow rivers and too-natural banks. All that construction of operation porkbarrel is gonna stop impeding tornados right in their tracks!

My condolences to the Arakawa KOM crews

I encountered plenty of construction today on my way from Ichikawa to the castle. On the Tokyo side just after route 19 the path is closed and there is no diversion indicated so I crossed over the river. On the other side around Kasukabe I was moved onto the road.

Returning from the castle I headed along the Chiba side and encountered the construction at Kashiwadera, again no diversion signposted.

The roads were not too busy but they were narrow and there were trucks a plenty for what traffic there was.

I encountered plenty of construction today on my way from Ichikawa to the castle. On the Tokyo side just after route 19 the path is closed and there is no diversion indicated so I crossed over the river. On the other side around Kasukabe I was moved onto the road.

Returning from the castle I headed along the Chiba side and encountered the construction at Kashiwadera, again no diversion signposted.

The roads were not too busy but they were narrow and there were trucks a plenty for what traffic there was.
The trucks are for the construction I suppose.
Yeah,I was surprised that this time there is no alternative route and we are forced onto the road.
I would say that more than 10% of traffic in that area consists of dump trucks!

Back
Top Bottom