What's new

Edogawa construction finished...

onm

Sep 2, 2009
I was up the Edogawa today, and the construction work seems to be finished on a lot of sections that have until now been blocked off, north of Route16.

The new surface they has laid down is pretty nice too.

A lot of you probably know this already, but I thought I would mention it.

The work on the section of the Tonegawa that I hit is also finished, with a nice surface on the path as well.

All points where I was on the river on this map are open...

To don't happen to know when they will finish the construction work along the Arakawa do you? Near Kawaguchi City parts of it have been closed all winter.

No idea mate, sorry. Was just a pleasant surprise for me today, seeing everything open up there.

I guess the financial year ended, and the budget has gone elsewhere.

To don't happen to know when they will finish the construction work along the Arakawa do you? Near Kawaguchi City parts of it have been closed all winter.

According to the signs I have seen most of the construction should be finished around the end of May... still a while yet.

Will be having my first outdoor road bike ride tomorrow (since donkeys) at least as far as Sekiyado...will be nice to see all this work complete and feel a bit silly not even knowing about it...supposed to know the gravel up and down the Edo like the back of my knee....

There are some nice newly laid areas, smooth as a baby's bum and a couple of new places to sit and take in the scenery if you like that kind of thing. One part they haven't finished, that doesn't get in the way anyhow, is the bit that will take you under the Matsudo bridge. I will be glad when that part is complete.

There are some nice newly laid areas, smooth as a baby's bum and a couple of new places to sit and take in the scenery if you like that kind of thing. One part they haven't finished, that doesn't get in the way anyhow, is the bit that will take you under the Matsudo bridge. I will be glad when that part is complete.

That construction doesn't force you off the cycle path or to make a detour though,does it?

That construction doesn't force you off the cycle path or to make a detour though,does it?

Not at all.

There is nothing going on along the river that forces you to dismount or stray from proper course. The diversions are gone in all but one place, if memory serves, and even that diversion continues straighter than the path they are working on.

Not at all.

There is nothing going on along the river that forces you to dismount or stray from proper course. The diversions are gone in all but one place, if memory serves, and even that diversion continues straighter than the path they are working on.

Thanks for that.
I wonder when they'll start reconstructing yet another stretch of the Edo to avert the damage from "a once in 200 years flood?"
I guess it'll be in another 6 months time.
I hope they get around to doing the part they haven't done yet between Ichikawa bridge and the Hokuso Line bridge on the Tokyo side,it's got so many ruts in it.

I wish they would sort out the tree roots which have split the tarmac on that tree covered section just north of the Arakawa Saiko lake. Always messes with my vibe.

I wish they would sort out the tree roots which have split the tarmac on that tree covered section just north of the Arakawa Saiko lake. Always messes with my vibe.
Stupid trees.

Should be easy to pay for the fix with Abenomics, where the government can simply have the Central Bank print as much money as it feels like ;)

Haha, indeed. I am enjoying this Abenomics in a weird way; just got a pay rise at work. Now I can spend even more money on bikes, suits, personal trainers, face-packs, pro-audio, and manicures.

You can spend more money on imported bikes made more expensive by a weaker yen. Sure... :D

It's alright mate, the value gained from such purchases massively outweighs any costs involved.

Had my first road bike ride today since my op from Noda bridge to the bridge 11km upstream then back down the other side. Saw a new shiny wide section and it was as smooth as my bum...look forward to riding it again at a faster pace.

My knee was a bit hot on the under side but I went slow and it made it home. Was a bit chilly as I was in summer bibs and only had one layer long sleeved on top...a few drops of rain...may do it again tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom