What's new

Help "Edit" function gone?

bloaker

Sincerely A Dick
Nov 14, 2011
I was going to correct some misspellings in a post of mine from earlier, but I realized I am either suddenly blind, or someone removed the edit ability.

Ideas? Any reason I can't edit my own post?

I think it's maybe an hour limit, then no more editing.

Any reason for it?
I often post on here after a few beers and notice more than a few mistakes.
Now I have no way to rectify matters.
Is the new administrator Abe or Inada?

Could be (wild guess) a disgruntled former member may have been going back to their old posts and deleting or doing something with them... have seen that happen on other forums.

Also for classifieds, offer history/order etc. can't be changed later, and that's a good thing in my book

Also for classifieds, offer history/order etc. can't be changed later, and that's a good thing in my book
If someone asks a question and you realize that info should be in the original post... you can't update it.
You just have to post updates. I would rather delete and repost if that is the case - but then does it look like you are being shady?

Not necessarily, but I can also see the good side in preserving more or less accurate and chronological record of things...
If this were a legal thing or maybe even a business forum....

But it is a bike forum. A thing we do for fun. Who gives a poo if you change what you wrote if it isn't a legal issue. It is bicycles. The thing my 3 year old does that I still do at 42. I cannot imagine a scenario that is so "Amazing" that we need to record specifically what everyone said exactly how they said it. Maybe I said something that was out of line... and I realize that... so I can't change it ever? I dunno... It is a forum about bicycles and riding bicycles. I want to correct a spelling error or two, but I can't for "reasons"....

does that seem like a snarky reply? I better think it through for the next 40 minutes or so.... or else it will be permanent record and everyone will know I was snarky!!!

No conspiracy here, gentlemen, you can peel off your tinfoil hats. Most fora limit the post edit time, it might have been reset during one of the last upgrades. I am going to extend it based on user groups.

Unlimited? Definitely not.

If you need errors corrected or OPs updated, please contact me, I'll be glad to comply.

Could be (wild guess) a disgruntled former member may have been going back to their old posts and deleting or doing something with them... have seen that happen on other forums.

I can neither confirm nor deny the occurrence of any such incidents here on the TCC forum. :innocent:

Just a little update: I have set the post edit time globally to 6 hours. If you need to update any post older than that, please contact me via PC.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom