Ride Early morning Wami - Sunday August 12

Conrad

Maximum Pace
Dec 8, 2014
It looks like the weather is going to clear up so I'm gonna explore a climb I haven't tried before, Wami Pass. We'll start at Y's, head out to Takao, down to Uenohara and then up Wami Pass. It'll be quite warm so bring plenty of water, we'll stop as needed and it looks like there are conbinis at about the 40km, 67km and 86km marks. If you want to tag along then post below. If you have navi then it may be a good idea to load the route as some of these roads will be new for me. It looks like there will be a reasonable amount of steep climbing on this route. So far there are two of us on this ride.
I'm aiming to finish the ride (at Y's) by about 10:30 - 11:00.

Meeting Place: Y's Road Fuchu
Meeting Time: 4:00 am (yikes!), Sunday August 12
Distance: ~115km
Climbing: ~2000m

Conrad

Maximum Pace
Dec 8, 2014

Conrad

Maximum Pace
Dec 8, 2014
Had a nice spin up Wami today. Def a keeper, very quiet roads, didn't see a soul on the hill, only one skittish deer :) Good road surface for most of it, a few potholes but easy to dodge. The climb is relatively steep and the road was damp so I spun in a few spots, but then just sat down and took it easy up to the top. Looking forward to doing it again sometime soon.

TokyoLiving

Maximum Pace
Dec 9, 2015
Had a nice spin up Wami today. Def a keeper, very quiet roads, didn't see a soul on the hill, only one skittish deer :) Good road surface for most of it, a few potholes but easy to dodge. The climb is relatively steep and the road was damp so I spun in a few spots, but then just sat down and took it easy up to the top. Looking forward to doing it again sometime soon.
Nice find! Looking forward to riding it with you. And thanks for the report on the weather this morning. We went anyway and hit some rain for about 30 minutes. Soaked to the core, but dried off after about another 30 minutes. Well not dried off just replaced water with sweat. Good ride. Let's hit your new one again soon.