What's new

E.T. (Enduro Training) 1

This will be like a team sprint at the velodrome. Smoothness of the transitions is important, because it is just plain counterproductive to ride away in the front and exposing your team to the wind. So rather doing a longer pull than just ramping up speed to much.

Gunjira, very romantic thoughts but the Tokyo Enduro is like being in the scrum with the New Zealand rugby team, very scarey and if you go down or get hit you're in a whole world of hurt.

Just to point out...... Riding in a paceline will not really help you prepare for the Tokyo Enduro, especailly if you are first out for your team.

1/. You only have 1 team mate out at a time.
2/. You'll be riding in a mass Peloton.

You are better off riding in a "Block of riders" tomorrow that way you will get a feeling for having riders all around you and very close with nowhere to go while continuously having to watch your wheel.

This is estential of you have never ridden in a Peloton of 100 plus riders before as nervous guys in the Peloton are the ones that cause the crashes.

It's only after some of the teams make thier rider swaps that the peloton breaks up and small pacelines appear.

This is me leading the Peloton last year:

tke3.jpg

Nice shot... but look at the mass of riders forming up behind the front wedge if you aren't used to this kind of riding I suggest you guys practice riding in a block.

Two things to remember when in the Peloton.

• Never let anyone lock an elbow over your forearms.
  • Just worry about the guy in front and on your turning side.

Never could catch you ...

... But I think Alan must have caught up with (or gotten pretty close to) you after I pointed you out to him.

5191091695_7fe2c2e918.jpg

For the record, Alan then stayed out for 2 hours at the front with an average of 41km/h - That alone got last year's "A-team" 4th position.
IMHO, if TCC truly wants a "Podium Finish" we would have Alan, as first rider, go out and do his thing for 2 hours - Stay in the lead group, and stay out of trouble. THEN, get James (FarEast) in there with fresh legs, to catch back up to the lead-group, sit tight, and blitz everyone in the sprint - Just a two-man team. Maybe next year, eh!

Anyway, "Rommelgc": See you tomorrow! T

Agreed.... to win this it needs a 3 man team.... 2 riders and a spare

or

a 2 man team 1 rider and 1 spare.

From what I remember we came 6th in the mixed team and still very high in the GC.

Hi,

I have roped my friend, Alex into this tomorrow. He is relatively inexperienced, but I think it will be good for him.

We will arrive together at the place arranged before. Looking forward to it!

Hope I can keep up...

Agreed.... to win this it needs a 3 man team.... 2 riders and a spare

or

a 2 man team 1 rider and 1 spare.

From what I remember we came 6th in the mixed team and still very high in the GC.

Well, in TCC-G team. Only Shinobu and me without any spare:confused:

Naomi

Naomi.... Im prepared to wear a wig and a skirt if needed! :eek:

Take a spare set of wheels then and have them on the course incase of puncture. But my thoughts are that a 2 rider team has the heighest chance of winning than a 3 rider or 4 rider team due to the swap overs eating so much time.

... But I think Alan must have caught up with (or gotten pretty close to) you after I pointed you out to him.

He stayed out longer than me as I felt guilty and thought i needed to come in and let all 4 riders ride...... turns out MOB and Tom were more than happy for me to stay out the full 4 hours. :D

Shame Tom isn't racing this year as his wifes Belgium waffles are to die for!

What if....

Would love to join just WAAAAAY out of my way!

....you, James, were to "rinko" the bike up to Tokyo station?
Any train that gets you there by 7:15am would see you at the river on time.
Just a suggestion :rolleyes:
T

I would actually ride it. Route 1 or 15 all the way but the other half is on a night shift and she does'nt get home till around 9-10.

Also my season is officially over so im not training or really riding for about a month and a half to let the body recover from the pounding it has taken....... (It doesn'tknow about the Tokyo Enduro yet though!)

YellowGiant et al
I won't be able to be at the RDV.
Please don't wait for me.
Sorry.

Thanks for organiszing this Travis, a real good work out, and I certainly got more exercise than I planned for today!

I had the mapmyride route in mind, which is 45km out, 45km back, I thought that should make for a fast pace group ride, then amble back home across town. Of course, how could Travis settle for a 90km ride? I soon realised that "end" on the map is where we were meeting Owen, we still had another 25km out on top of this to get to Kumagaya! No trouble in the end, though pretty tired now.

Also no gloves, no need for wind breaker, is this really end of November conditions?

Took your suggested route home along Yamate dori, very direct and busy, my legs were turning to jelly at one point more due to tiredness but could have been fear from the speeding traffic.
I was tempted to do a few laps of Komozawa koen, but in end Id rather get back to shower and icecream and cake, so settled for 192km at over 30kph for the day.

See you all again in 2 weeks in Chiba!

Just checked the weather conditions, 18 degrees in Kumagaya.

I'll be waiting a few weeks to apply Jules recommended winter clothing range!

Travis, Thanks for planning ''E.T.'' and Thanks TCC gentlemen for supporting me to avoid a derailment from The TCC-Express:bike::bike::bike::bike::bike:

Same as Andy, I believed that today's plan would be 45km out & 45km back. Then I pedaled at top speed unuil Akigase because I thought that it's almost the turnaround point! However, it was my misunderstanding:warau:

On the way back, around 120km point, my legs almost gave a cry of tiredness....BUT I could complete whole the way that 175km.

Many many thanks!!!

Naomi:)

Wow.... you guys need some serious rest as that sounds like you over-cooked on the training there guys.

Naomi.... bloody excellent.... keep the secret training up and you'll blow us all away!

Back
Top Bottom