What's new

E.T. (Enduro Training) 1

WhiteGiant

Maximum Pace
Nov 4, 2006
When: This Sunday, November 21st. (Changed from Saturday)
Where: Arakawa

As training for the Enduro, one of the most important skills is "drafting".
I figured we could do a re-run of Serguei's "Time to feed the bears" ride, up to Kumagaya along Arakawa.
Last time, we had a really good pace-line going, despite a wicked headwind, although we didn't actually make it to Kumagaya.
As a matter of fact, a headwind this time would probably be beneficial in prolonging the agon.... the training session.

Hopefully, most of the Enduro riders (and even if you're not riding in the Enduro) can make it.
Just remember, the name of the game will be "keep up"! If you get dropped off the back, it'll be a lonely ride up to the next rendezvous point - But that will just make for good training anyway, right!?
:bike::bike::bike::bike::bike:
Looking forward to seeing the TCC crew out in force.
Please post your willingness to participate!
Travis

Travis, I would love to repeat the crazy run to Kumagaya.
Will have to see how it works for me on Saturday, and will post again to confirm.

This sounds great and just what I'm in the mood for (though I strongly suspect I'd be one of the first out the back. :eek:)

Unfortunately can't make it this weekend, but I'll definitely try to be there for E.T. #2.

Would love to be there, but unfortunately have plans for Saturday. If it were Sunday (morning)...

Sounds like a good run, but I also have plans on Saturday. Will try to make it for ET 2.

If anybody wants high paced drafting training.
Shimizukoen every Tuesday 9:30p.m 3.1km loops and Thursday 9pm. 3.9km loops. With sprints. We will go right through winter.
We meet by the new Besia shopping center. Usually about 6 sometimes more.

A bit far for most of you and late...but the level is quite high.
We usually go hard for an hour with optional earlier solo warm-ups.

This would be very useful training, required as the event is only a couple of weeks away now.

I am interested, but only if there are several people to make it a chain gang.

Anyone else interested in Sat morning training? Or are you able to move to Sunday when more people are available? (Better weather as well)

What time and place would you meet up?

Change to SUNDAY!?

A show of hands, please!
If we change the day to Sunday (21st), so far I count as definites:

Travis (YellowGiant)
Andy (andy_w)
Gunnar (Gunjira)

And as possibles:
>kpykc: Serguei, are you O.K. for Sunday?
>Doug3: Doug, how about you?

Alan, Naomi, Thomas? Are you guys up for this too? Would be great to see you there! T

Great, if we were to do this on Sunday. More people = more drafting and higher speed?!

A show of hands, please!
If we change the day to Sunday (21st), so far I count as definites:

Travis (YellowGiant)
Andy (andy_w)
Gunnar (Gunjira)

And as possibles:
>kpykc: Serguei, are you O.K. for Sunday?
>Doug3: Doug, how about you?

Alan, Naomi, Thomas? Are you guys up for this too? Would be great to see you there! T

Travis,
OK we'll come to this training ride on Sunday. I'll re-schedule my mountain ride. Meeting time / place?

AW.

Hey.

What time do you think you will be getting to the Junction of Route 2 / 16.

I am interested in this ride, and will be coming from Omiya...

Cheers! How about 8am, on the CR?

Travis,
OK we'll come to this training ride on Sunday. I'll re-schedule my mountain ride. Meeting time / place?
AW.

Thanks Alan. Sorry about disrupting the mountain ride.
This is for you, and anyone else coming from central/western Tokyo:
http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/jp/tokyo-saitama/362129009055440539

The map shows the start as being under "Shin-Ohashi".
I'll be waiting there at 8:00am.
Last time, I think Serguei arranged the meeting place at Tokyo station - Less than 10km away if you come via Shin-Ohashi dori, or about 13km if you come via Eitai dori (and then head north after hitting the river).

>Owen: Looking at the same map, zoom in to the "End" - It's halfway across Rte.16, where the Cycling-Road continues up between the two branches of the river. We'll meet you there around 9:45-10:00.
Sorry I can't give you a more accurate time - If we end up hauling ass, we could be early. But if we have any punctures / mechanicals etc....

Looking forward to seeing everyone!:D
Travis

Right, got it. It is where you drop off route 16 onto the river, right.

Ok, i will get there a bit early.

I have a new phone number too -

Email - owenfrow at gmail dot com

Thinking about joining this to test my legs a bit after all the solo riding I have done.

Travis, When will you be at the Pump station between the 17 and 18 mile markers on your map above? (guessing around 9)

/Andreas

Will be at "Shin-Ohashi" at 8:00am.
Would be great, if we really make it into the mountains (green-line anybody?)

Just in case, I'll bring my train bag, as I don't think there will be a team car waiting to pick me up once I have fallen off the back.

Travis, sorry I can't join on Sunday, as I am going to check out a festival at a local intl. university, but my Saturday is now free :warau:
I will head for a short ride in the hills. If anyone is interested to join (send a PM or two), we can meet at 9.30 am on Koremasa brg. - 5 hours for the whole ride at a steady pace, 4 - if not so steady :)

Same place we met last time.

Thinking about joining this to test my legs a bit after all the solo riding I have done.
Travis, When will you be at the Pump station between the 17 and 18 mile markers on your map above? (guessing around 9)
/Andreas

Hey Andreas,
Yes. I reckon we'll be passing by that water-pump (the Spaceship) at exactly 9:00
See you then!

>Gunnar: See you at 8:00 at Shin-Ohashi.

>Serguei: It's a shame you can't make it this time - Try to keep the following Saturday (27th) open for "E.T. 2", when Phil will be joining us as well.

>Naomi: Don't worry, we won't leave you behind (just don't do any "pulling" at the front, and you'll be able to hang on longer ;) )

Would love to join just WAAAAAY out of my way!

I'll link up at Shin-Ohashi.
Not sure if I can pull at the front, but by short legs will try to keep up.

Back
Top Bottom