What's new

E.T. 2

WhiteGiant

Maximum Pace
Nov 4, 2006
Once more for those who missed it the first time around!

We will basically be aiming for an almost identical ride to last Saturday's – Do you hear that, weather gods???

Meeting Place: Arakawa Cycling-Road, beneath the "Shin-Ohashi" bridge.
Time: Saturday, Nov 27th. 8:00am.
Pace: A.F.A.P.
Distance: 160km – From, and back to, the starting point.

With additional jump-in points to be advised.

So far, Phil and I are definitely in, with Owen joining in later.
Really hoping to see Serguei, Thomas, Doug, Ludwig, and James out for this one too (consider that a personal invitation, guys)!
Looking forward to it!
Travis

Yeah, really looking forward to this!

Will be joining you at the same spot, and staying with you up to Kumagaya, and back down again.

Again, I hope I can keep up! Was fast last time, but just what I needed. Make a man of me and all that!

I'll be there, thanks for organizing Travis!

On current form not sure if I can stick the pace for the whole distance, but will be fun trying(?)...

Thanks for the personal invitation. I have a wedding to attend on Saturday afternoon, so this time is difficult. Looking forward to joining E.T. 3 or higher.

Cheers, Ludwig

I'd like to join in at The Space Ship. 9ish? plus or minus 20 min depending on how fast you start out?

I don't know how long I can keep up but looking forward to the challenge:bike:

(I'm not racing in the Enduro this year because of the stupid JLPT which I'll probably fail again but feel obliged to put in a good effort that weekend. shame.:eek:) Hope you don't mind me joining training anyways:angel:

Thanks for organizing again Travis. Unfortunately I am working all day Saturday (so I can take the following Saturday off!) and will not be able to join.

Maybe I can substitute with some motor pacing behind the gf on her scooter this week.

I am keen to join but I am not sure what level is it, I mean I am a beginner and don't want to turn up and slow down others. What speeds do you people generally do by the river?

So far, Phil and I are definitely in, with Owen joining in later.
Really hoping to see Serguei, Thomas, Doug, Ludwig, and James out for this one too (consider that a personal invitation, guys)!
Looking forward to it!
Travis

Many thanks for the invite, but it sounds like way to much hard work....legs turning to jelly and the likes :eek: Scary stuff.

Might ride to the off-licence though.

@Badar
Everyone gets dropped their first ride, but at least on the river it will be easier to find your way home.:rolleyes:

I think they were averaging close to 40km/hr last week...
(I will also probably get dropped eventually. as usual. :eek: But it's good motivation)

:bike:

I might give this another try.

Last time I was to scared to stay close enough to draft.....and obviously not strong enough to ride solo and keep up:(

Maybe we can form a 2nd group and ride at a slightly less insane pace?
I really want to practice the drafting thing...

Travis,
Naomi-san and I will join.

But......it's getting too close to the race for long distance training (for us), so we will turn back around Akigase koen.
Besides I want to save enough energy to ride my MTB on Sunday :)

AW.

hopefully i don't get dropped in the first kilometer given the pace is now "AFAP"
i'll be at the first RDV.

Should be keen for that, see you all at Shin Ohashi...... hopefully 48/16 single will be enough to stay there..... avg 34kph on a TT 2 weeks ago, might be a bit off the pace???

Travis, just realized I didn't specify, but I'll be at the start point under route 50 at 8am. West side of the river, right?

:(, broke my hub on the Boso yesterday..... no ET2 for me! Hope to be fixed and going again next week :)

I will meet everyone at the place I met you last time, at the same time.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom