What's new

E-Motion rollers

Charcoalbuddy

Warming-Up
Jul 15, 2011
Was wondering if anyone has one of these E-Motion rollers to do indoor training in Japan? Are there any stores that we can buy from in Japan?
Does it create too much so you can't watch TV while riding?

Thanks,
Charcoal

Thanks jdd. The price on the second one you listed seems good.
But I'm thinking that it will warm up soon so I'll just continue riding outside to build up my endurance and strength.

I would LOVE a set as well - they started as a garage project many years ago and I beleive the plans are still floating about and very easy to adapt a normal set of rollers in to e-motion style rollers.

But for the current price I would rather own a TAXC virtual trainer.

A good friend has a set and loves them.

That said, learning how to stand up on regular rollers isn't hard (and is kind of necessary)...but if I had the $$$, I'd definitely buy a pair of the emotion ones...

That said, learning how to stand up on regular rollers isn't hard (and is kind of necessary)

I can stand on my standard CycleOps rollers, but I can't put too much oomph into it; I can't really reproduce a natural out-of-the-saddle style. With these babies, it looks like you can go nuts.

Are you able to stand pretty naturally on your rollers?

Deej

I can - sprinting is harder though - but if you isolate the hips and not rock the bike (Which is actually perfect form when climbing) you can stand and ride out of the saddle very easily.

With my large diameter rollers, standing isn't so bad. Major isolation exercise.

Yeah it's not like I can go all out en danseuse, but a dozen or so pedalstrokes is fine.

Wayyyyy easier on a fixed gear. For some reason it took like two months to grow a pair and properly figure out how to do it on the road bike.

Back
Top Bottom