What's new

DUMB NEW GUY QUESTION

fredstaple

Speeding Up
Nov 1, 2009
What do the titles under your forum name mean: a few examples include "junior cyclist," "cyclist," and "senior cyclist?"

What do the titles under your forum name mean: a few examples include "junior cyclist," "cyclist," and "senior cyclist?"

Don't worry, when I saw I was a senior cyclist I got a bit upset thinking I can't be that old, can I? It just realts to your number of posts, junior being very few and senior being many.....I think Peleton leader is the highest you can achieve.

I think it just shows how many posts you have made. Some of the other guys have different titles due to them doing different stuff.

Mine went to Senior after 100 posts.

Very Funny

My reply earlier today was post number 30, and that moved me up to "cyclist!"

or if you help out behind the scenes then you get another title.

I always meant to ask, have you ever thought of changing the classification to say:

domestique, lead-out, sprinter, climber, super-domestique, team-leader

or does suggesting it just mean i am too sad and have too much time on my hands? Or do I have that to look forward to if I keep posting?

I always meant to ask, have you ever thought of changing the classification to say:

domestique, lead-out, sprinter, climber, super-domestique, team-leader

or does suggesting it just mean i am too sad and have too much time on my hands? Or do I have that to look forward to if I keep posting?

Nice idea, but in that order it would do injustice to the sprinters.

Nice idea, but in that order it would do injustice to the sprinters.

Cheers. The order was only to generate suggestions. How about:-

domestique, lead-out, super-domestique, sprinter, climber, team-leader

I would always put the climber above the sprinter, as whilst the sprinter gets the glory it is the climber who does all the hard work. Plus, mountain stages are always more interesting than mass sprints. Kinda like football where the striker gets all the goals and wins the matches but it is the defence that wins the league.

I would always put the climber above the sprinter, as whilst the sprinter gets the glory it is the climber who does all the hard work.

Sorry to say this Sikochi but you are completely wrong! Us sprinters are the guys who pull the climbers to the base of the mountains, work to bring the breakaways back in the few Kilo's before a climb, drop back to the cars to grab bottles and food before the climd and then are left on our own to get our arses over the mountains while the domestiques work for the climbers.

Then expected to win sprints the next day ;) I know this cos I have to do this.

As for all the pomp and glory, when was the last time a sprinter won the TDF?

James, I'm sure you are right, but aren't these exactly the reasons why they should be closest to domestique? :confused:

No because a climber or a rider that has a high chance of taking the KOM title will work in pulling back break aways or work in the leadout train on the flat stages.

There are some teams are built soley arounf 1 rider and the teams mission will be totaly different from that of the others, take HTC the team is built around Cavendish and they are only racing to win stages not the KOM title or GC.

Astana was built around Contador with one aim of winning the GC with all riders supporting him, he didn't win a single stage last year.

Team Sky on the other hand has a collection of excellent riders Brad Wiggins who is a TT specailist and contender for GC and so on.

So you can't really say a sprinter is lower than a climber or vice versa depending on the team, race and conditions they are all 3 just as important to the team as each other.

Back
Top Bottom