What's new

Don't know anything about road bikes,but want to get into it. Any ideas?

hideandseek

Warming-Up
Jan 31, 2012
Hi I'm currently living in Hachioiji and want to get a road bike as I'm trying to get fit but also want something to look forward to riding instead of a Mamabike.

I don't know much at all about road bikes. At the moment my budget is around 60,000.But I figure that I can always upgrade parts later on when I get the money.

As I'm a noob to all of this I want to get a bike within my price range but also I want it to be good enough so that a year down the line when I'm into it more as a hobbie I don't realise that it's in fact not that great a bike and I need to pretty much replace all the parts.

I'd also like to get one with a vintage frame,just because I think they look pretty nice.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could look?
Maybe links to sites with what I might be looking for, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks but it's a little small for me. I'm 185cms

Also I'm looking for a bike which has a kind of vintage frame.very plain, very thin bars if anybody has any suggestions.

Or any general advice to someone who doesn't really know much about road bikes?

Hey there,

I guess you are pretty lucky to be getting into road bikes now, as they are getting a lot cheaper than they used to be.

Regarding your desire for a 'vintage' frame, this may be a dis-economy, as this kind of item is more and more the choice of collectors / people wanting the fashion of it. A cheap mass-produced frame in the current style will be a lot easier to get in your size, cheaper and easier to source.

Complete bike for 60,000yen that fulfills your bike lifespan might be pushing it, but you should definitely not rule it out.

I am assuming you are after a double front chainset and 9/10gears on the back?

60,000 is just what I want to start off with, I realised that it wouldn't be enough to get one that would last forever. I know I'll have to upgrade n replace parts but I was wondering if you knew of any fairly decent bikes that would suit what I'm looking for?

And yes, double front chainset n 9 or 10 gears, not bothered with which though.
Any ideas?

Erm, one of the cheap antres bikes from ys road, if they still do them. Would get you a complete and easily upgradeable bike.

Back
Top Bottom