What's new

Don Quijote

bigempty

Warming-Up
Mar 13, 2014
Hi!

Just wondering if anyone has brought a cheapo bike from Don Quijote? Im looking for a cheap bike to get around the city on.

Thanks!!

The paint and chrome plating is typically very poor quality. So it will rust and otherwise look like crap very quickly. If you're OK with that...

hmm happy for it to look like crap as long as it doesn't ride terribly and fall apart on me! You do get what you pay for though in the end as a wise kiwi once said. Anyone looking to unload a used bike? I know...check the classifieds! :)

8yrs and still going strong! Well, I did change tires 2x...

If in Minato-ku, I can suggest the "Bike Recycle" sale, held on the second Sunday of each month. Most are your usual Mama charis, but they have a number of road/city bikes for which you must janken. All bikes priced around 9000yen. I managed to get myself a reasonable single-speed to get around town. More info here - be sure to arrive before 10:30 to complete registration.

I wonder if Nerima has the same deal? I assume these are the bikes they steal from around stations on a regular basis?

If in Minato-ku, I can suggest the "Bike Recycle" sale, held on the second Sunday of each month. Most are your usual Mama charis, but they have a number of road/city bikes for which you must janken. All bikes priced around 9000yen. I managed to get myself a reasonable single-speed to get around town. More info here - be sure to arrive before 10:30 to complete registration.

@theBlob Yes - they are the abandoned bikes. I think many (but not all) municipalities have such a system. I tried a quick search but could not find anything for Nerima-ku. Your best bet may be to contact the Kuyakusho directly as I find these programmes are not very well advertised.

@theBlob Yes - they are the abandoned bikes. I think many (but not all) municipalities have such a system. I tried a quick search but could not find anything for Nerima-ku.

When I lived in Yokohama I was forced to pay ransom for my son's bike at an impound lot several km away after he had left it illegally parked near a station. I think it was something like 5000 yen. Bikes not bailed out within a month are either scrapped or sold off (some probably to North Korea or such places).

Back
Top Bottom