What's new

Do you give names to your bikes?

kratos34

Warming-Up
Jun 4, 2012
Hi,

Just wondering if you guys give names to your bikes.
What names do you give them and why?

:D

All my bikes are called Eric.

There's nothing so odd about that. Kemal Atatürk had an entire menagerie called Abdul.

Funny, all my bikes names are 'my bike' - it is up to the person I am speaking to to understand which one.

Even though almost all of my cars had names, I always only refer to my bike as the Bike Friday (its brand).

I named my first car Max, after a friend's cat that had died after being hit by a car.

max.jpg

Its successors were Max II through Max VII (all VWs or Audis), but I never named my Prius. Never really thought about why.

Its successors were Max II through Max VII (all VWs or Audis), but I never named my Prius. Never really thought about why.

Some things deserve names. Others do not.

It's nice when things sort themselves out like that.

:p :p :p

Call them by their brand and where I have two of the same, then colour and brand.

Haha, yeah, I do that too. Recently I find myself purposefully speaking in a way that I know would make me cringe if I heard someone else speaking that way.

Putting 'The' in front of the brand of the bike to refer to it is a great one for me at the moment. Sends a shiver down my spine.

'Yeah, just heading out for a spin on The Cannondale'.

Haha.

Nope don't name them, refer to them as Race bike, Training bike, crappy weather bike etc. Even the team bike I rode at the nationals that I still have was never named.

...which this Eric has already been practising for:

20121118132630komagawa.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Even though almost all of my cars had names, I always only refer to my bike as the Bike Friday (its brand).

I named my first car Max, after a friend's cat that had died after being hit by a car.

max.jpg

I would be really angry to find a hippy sitting on my car!:mad:
.....Oh wait....is that you?:eek:

Porsche
Beast (of Setagaya)
Ochsenherde

Why not? It gives me something to think about while I build up a bike and start to enjoy its unique ride. I don't call them that ALL the time. That would be silly. Like calling an evo or dogma or altamira anything else

"Mountain Bike"
"Road Bike"
"Old Bike"

That seems to cover it.
AW.

max.jpg

Muchos kudos for posting that photo, but I`m confused by the name choice - were you wanting to be taken out in turn by a big mother trucker?

PS: Allowing your daughter to ride on the front with no child seat or helmet...tut tut ;)

Back
Top Bottom