Do you give names to your bikes?

bloaker

Sincerely A Dick
Nov 14, 2011
Miura, Japan
Funny, all my bikes names are 'my bike' - it is up to the person I am speaking to to understand which one.

joewein

Maximum Pace
Oct 25, 2011
Setagaya, Tokyo
joewein.net
Even though almost all of my cars had names, I always only refer to my bike as the Bike Friday (its brand).

I named my first car Max, after a friend's cat that had died after being hit by a car.

Its successors were Max II through Max VII (all VWs or Audis), but I never named my Prius. Never really thought about why.

onm

Sep 2, 2009
Haha, yeah, I do that too. Recently I find myself purposefully speaking in a way that I know would make me cringe if I heard someone else speaking that way.

Putting 'The' in front of the brand of the bike to refer to it is a great one for me at the moment. Sends a shiver down my spine.

'Yeah, just heading out for a spin on The Cannondale'.

Haha.

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
Nope don't name them, refer to them as Race bike, Training bike, crappy weather bike etc. Even the team bike I rode at the nationals that I still have was never named.

joewein

Maximum Pace
Oct 25, 2011
Setagaya, Tokyo
joewein.net
...which this Eric has already been practising for:

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

zenbiker

Maximum Pace
Mar 4, 2008
Chofu
Even though almost all of my cars had names, I always only refer to my bike as the Bike Friday (its brand).

I named my first car Max, after a friend's cat that had died after being hit by a car.

Its successors were Max II through Max VII (all VWs or Audis), but I never named my Prius. Never really thought about why.
I would be really angry to find a hippy sitting on my car!:mad:
.....Oh wait....is that you?:eek:

Gunjira

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2009
Tokyo
Porsche
Beast (of Setagaya)
Ochsenherde

Why not? It gives me something to think about while I build up a bike and start to enjoy its unique ride. I don't call them that ALL the time. That would be silly. Like calling an evo or dogma or altamira anything else

Sikochi

Maximum Pace
Sep 13, 2010
Kochi

Muchos kudos for posting that photo, but I`m confused by the name choice - were you wanting to be taken out in turn by a big mother trucker?

PS: Allowing your daughter to ride on the front with no child seat or helmet...tut tut ;)