Directeur sportif

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
多摩区
Dear valued Members,

it is my pleasure to inform you that James (FarEast) has decided to join our team here at TCC. He will hold the position of "directeur" and will be - amongst all other issues :D - in charge of organising and fielding a TCC racing team as well as sponsor relations. I feel that James' enthusiasm, experience and his dedication to cycling will be a great asset to TCC and its members.

Please give a warm welcome to James! :)

TOM

Maximum Pace
Great honor

to have you on board James ! TCC is a bottomless reservoir of (hidden) talents for you to recruit :cool: !!!

Dear valued Members,

it is my pleasure to inform you that James (FarEast) has decided to join our team here at TCC. He will hold the position of "directeur" and will be - amongst all other issues :D - in charge of organising and fielding a TCC racing team as well as sponsor relations. I feel that James' enthusiasm, experience and his dedication to cycling will be a great asset to TCC and its members.

Please give a warm welcome to James! :)

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
Thomas,

Thank you for the introduction.

I would like to add that there are some great people here on the TCC, Positivo, VLAAMS and many other groups that help contribute to events both official and unofficial and it’s those people that make the riding experience what it is and the forums one of the first places new riders in Tokyo and Japan visit.

To give you a better understanding of what I will be doing, I've been talking with Thomas and several other members about how we can pull all our resources together to organise more events on a regular basis, with a focus on club and joint club events, as the final objective is to evolve the TCC from a forum to an actual road club, to be honest we are almost there.

The idea is to encourage more members to organise official and Non-Official TCC Tours and give them support in doing so, providing Official Team kit, race day support and hopefully in the future financial support from sponsors.

Also with the success of the MOB Sayonara ride last week and the Wada Time Trial and Kobu Tunnel group start race, I would like to turn this into an official event or something similar, with awards and prizes for different categories many have already voiced an opinion that this is something they would like to participate in already I’ve received some great ideas regarding a Hill Climb series and the likes with an official dinner at the end of the season where prizes and awards will be distributed.

Another Idea to encourage event attendance is turning the wolf pack and caravan points in to a TCC event also, with prizes going to members that accumulated the most points over the year. This proved extremely competitive with other road clubs and hopefully we will have a section up on the forums soon that have a running total for 2010 events. (Maybe we should add a beer glass one also for social non riding events attended??)

Also we will be seeing changes in the near future that will bring more traffic and members to the forums with news feeds directly from manufactures and cycling organisations. (This will be through a news portal and not in the forums) to increase the hit rates to the website and provide members here with a one stop location for what’s new in the sport and industry and maybe a subsection in the forums to discuss and debate these news clips. So we will be looking for some news editors that can post up interesting news and information about products and events.

To give you an idea of what I’m talking about head over to http://velonews.competitor.com/ Im thinking something not as cluttered.

Again many thanks to everyone who has already PM’d Thomas and myself about supporting the TCC with new activities and those unsung heroes who continue to organise events for us.

James