Did the Tomin-no-Mori route today solo. Thanks, TCC.

timdesuyo

Speeding Up
Mar 29, 2010
Tokyo
Wouldn't have had the courage to try it without the beginners' ride during golden week. This time, I stretched out the end to make it a century. My first one. If my odometer is to be believed anyway. MapMyRide shorted me two km.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/46867596/

Shinjuku-Tomin-no-Mori-Shinjuku

7:45am~5:08pm
Rolling time 6:54:56
161.69km
avg 23.3kph max 57.6

Thanks again to Tim, Taakaki, Simon, Eric, and Karah for putting up with my slow butt on the golden week ride. It was a real confidence booster.

trad

Maximum Pace
Dec 4, 2006
Tokyo
congrats on your first century! and a solo to boot. a huge milestone that 90+% of riders in the states will not attempt. hopefully more to come...
congrats again..

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
Way to go Tim, looks like you've earned yourself a beer! :D

timdesuyo

Speeding Up
Mar 29, 2010
Tokyo
Thanks, guys. Stu, I'll be by for a beer in a bit. I gotta have something to drink while I clean my bike and convert it back to commuter mode. I'm still having trouble, you know, moving. :D

Owen, I'd be up for it. It depends on my schedule. I don't have a regular day off, but if we plan something, I'd definitely do it again. That hill is a constant reminder that I need to get better, and that I know how to get better.

I'd like to figure out a way to add a few kms out in inaka, so that I don't have to circle around Shinjuku like a buzzard at the end :)