What's new

Desperate cyclists (funny photo)

Hokuto

Warming-Up
Sep 27, 2014
Sorry if you've already seen this; I found it today while looking for a bike stand to use for repairs.

cycle_hunger_zps4ecf8d87.jpg~original

I saw that Youtube when searching for stands, but didn't pay attention. Yes, I would assume that some kind of Prepstand would work well. It's sold through Amazon.co.jp, but rather pricey for my needs. After I saw your message, tho, I did a bit more looking around and found this local version, for only 7,600:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31eAgXTmvHL.jpg
31eAgXTmvHL.jpg

Unfortunately, the single review on Amazon points out the same potential issue I saw, namely, the one-point support (and somewhat loose, at that), likely making it less stable without the addition of some kind of workaround. OTOH, that's just the thing for a DIY'er like me!

NB: the Doppelganger stand is a clone of this one, or a doppelganger of this one--or this one is a doppelganger of the Doppelganger, or vice versa, whatever.

Last edited:
I've got one of these:

61AWwdYiZpL._SL1500_.jpg

(I'm probably trying to compensate for something.)

There are various jobs for which it's unsuitable, but timidity/laziness/incompetence would anyway make me want to entrust most of these to a good bike shop.

Well, I'm with you there. Anything that involves opening seals and counting ball bearings I'm completely willing to let the shop do.
I see that your BikeHand is sold on Amazon.co.jp, and for virtually the same price as the Prepstand Max. Then again, I recall your saying you had got an insane deal on yours since it had been used as a display.

Yes, mine had minute scratches that would cripple its chances in a concours d'elegance of bike stands. Plus I suspect the people at Y's were sick of tripping over the damn thing.

I'm glad that both my frames have horizontal top tubes: neither tends to slide when grasped. I might need to have this thing's jaws grasp a sloping top tube a lot tighter than I'd guess a top tube ought to be grasped. (I suppose I'd have them chew on the seatpost instead.)

Back
Top Bottom