What's new

Deej's New Steed!

WhiteGiant

Maximum Pace
Nov 4, 2006
3309999361_28356318a8.jpg

TOO SEXY!

I thought the "rider" was supposed to be sexier than the "bike"; not the "bike" sexier than the "rider"!
Whad'ya trying to do here?
Kill us all in an assault of sexiness?
:rolleyes:
Seriously though, it's a nice looking stallion!
T

It's not about the bike...

TOO SEXY!

I thought the "rider" was supposed to be sexier than the "bike"; not the "bike" sexier than the "rider"!
Whad'ya trying to do here? Kill us all in an assault of sexiness?
:rolleyes:

:D

I thought the bike and I were about equally sexy.

But thanks for the shout out, T. I didn't expect my photo to start a new thread. (Or did you do that so I wouldn't sidetrack the KT thread...)

Yeah, for 70,000 yen, it's a nice-looking frame and has received solid reviews. There has been talk that it is a debadged Wilier Izoard, but the geometries are slightly different, so think of it as Izoard-esque. Mind you, that photo shows a different fork (mine will be all black), and I will be running some sexy Campy bits on it. Still, it captures the, er, spirit of my bike.

I can't wait to ride it!

Here's the Izoard for comparison:
3310057055_fd93af716f.jpg

Deej

Leftside??

Do my eyes see the crankset on the left side of the BB??? That would be real revolutionary wouldn't it ? WOW!
Oh..OK...now I see Deej...it was photoshopped by "it wasn't me"! Still, I have always wondered, how come you don't see road bikes or cyclocross bikes with the chainwheels on the left side. Since I am leftfooted (but right-handed), I would love to see the chainwheels (and everything connected including derailleurs, sprocket...) on the left side. Has anyone ever seen such a bike??

:D

I thought the bike and I were about equally sexy.

But thanks for the shout out, T. I didn't expect my photo to start a new thread. (Or did you do that so I wouldn't sidetrack the KT thread...)

Yeah, for 70,000 yen, it's a nice-looking frame and has received solid reviews. There has been talk that it is a debadged Wilier Izoard, but the geometries are slightly different, so think of it as Izoard-esque. Mind you, that photo shows a different fork (mine will be all black), and I will be running some sexy Campy bits on it. Still, it captures the, er, spirit of my bike.

I can't wait to ride it!

Here's the Izoard for comparison:
3310057055_fd93af716f.jpg

Deej

derailleur bike it won't happen, the derailleur would be backwards. SS or track they are out there from time to time.

'Bout time we had more bike bling posted here... It's going to look great, Deej--looking forward to seeing it in person.

The stealth look is cool, but one good thing about a debadged carbon frame is you can have the loudest, most logo-plastered wheels and everything still goes together.

I did the opposite: stealthed the wheels but the sticker-splatter frame remaings...

wow..nice ride!:cool:

congrats Deej

Thanks! Though I don't think my version will look quite so cool. I don't have the killer deep-profile wheels. Also, the two-foot saddle-to-bar drop may be hard to replicate...

Isn't that........

IRONSWORD....????!!!

It was weird watching that. It totally reminded me of myself.

The stealth look is cool, but one good thing about a debadged carbon frame is you can have the loudest, most logo-plastered wheels and everything still goes together.

Very true. It's strange, as much as I like stealth bikes, I have come to really appreciate gaudy, aggressive racing looks as well.

Deej

Danger U Tube

OOO I like. Black bike with silver parts ? As it should be. The reverse is too often true now days. Paint is cheeper than polish. 700 bucks sounds like a great deal. VERY nice bike. TODO

O and thanks a LOT for the U tube link. That took me an hour. Very good but you can not eat just one. And then I had to watch Nelson Vails at the start of Quicksilver and rambled on from there...

HERE is MY stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/FEDERICOKUBRICK

TAKE THAT ! Bwahahahaha

Thanks! Though I don't think my version will look quite so cool. I don't have the killer deep-profile wheels. Also, the two-foot saddle-to-bar drop may be hard to replicate...

It was weird watching that. It totally reminded me of myself.

Very true. It's strange, as much as I like stealth bikes, I have come to really appreciate gaudy, aggressive racing looks as well.

Deej

Deej..
just wondering...you'll be putting on the new 11s Campy components? or Shimano?

dun forget to post a pic once everything is done..;)

cheers..

Deej..
just wondering...you'll be putting on the new 11s Campy components? or Shimano?

dun forget to post a pic once everything is done..;)

cheers..

Yes, I have new 11-speed Chorus parts sitting in boxes at home, waiting to be put on a bike that seems like it will never arrive.

I'll be sure and post a photo. But I also expect to see you in the hills, too! :)

Yes, I have new 11-speed Chorus parts sitting in boxes at home, waiting to be put on a bike that seems like it will never arrive.

I'll be sure and post a photo. But I also expect to see you in the hills, too! :)

Deej,

haha..so good to hear you'll be on a Campy 11s:D

can't wait to see your new bike though..
btw, start saving up for a new stealthy looking deep section wheelset..:cool:

cheers!

I think I've solved the mystery of "is this unbadged frame a Wilier Izoard or what?"

The frame appears to use the same mold as the Fondriest RP3
rp3b.jpg

Both bikes come in five sizes and have identical geometry. And both are produced at the same factory, according to, uh, informed sources.

Deej

Wow, this frame is popping up everywhere. It is now also moonlighting as the Ribble Sportive Racing (I'm liking the gaudiness):
RIBBFRAR905_1_Zoom.jpg

OK, getting closer. The shop in Taiwan received the frame from the factory today. They hoped to send it out today, but didn't have the proper shipping box, so they sent me some pics to tide me over. Here's one of them (Frame and fork apparently weighed in at 1,007 grams EDIT: 1,007g is for frame alone):
3331921367_994b9ec004.jpg

hmmm...

Frame and fork 1,007g?? Really? The Scott Addict, which is one of the lighter frames you can get, is about 900g, and the fork is about 320g.

What's this thing made from?? ;)

Frame and fork 1,007g?? Really? The Scott Addict, which is one of the lighter frames you can get, is about 900g, and the fork is about 320g.

What's this thing made from?? ;)

Hey Clay. Sorry, that was my mistake. The 1,007g was the quote for the frame alone.

Deej

Back
Top Bottom