decent mechanics in tokyo? & gear indexing

Jul 2, 2012
asagaya
can anyone recommend a reliable mechanic in Shinjuku/Shibuya/Koenji/Asagaya?

I had an issue with my bike and took it to the y's that specializes in road bikes but they failed to fix the issues I had and I'm loathe to have a repeat performance from them.

As a side note can anyone give clear tips on indexing gears as I'm having a little issue with mine hopping about despite it being a new bike (bought from wiggle)so going back to the shop is out of the question.

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
Note to self: Make a YT Video on how to adjust your deraillers. You're welcome to drop by lab anytime - I'll tweak any TCC or Wiggleator bike for a beer. New bikes usually suffer from a couple of obvious problems - all of which can be resolved within a beer or two of time.

joewein

Maximum Pace
Oct 25, 2011
Setagaya, Tokyo
joewein.net
Note to self: Make a YT Video on how to adjust your deraillers.
Those videos are clearly in demand. This one has had almost half a million views.

I'll tweak any TCC or Wiggleator bike for a beer. New bikes usually suffer from a couple of obvious problems - all of which can be resolved within a beer or two of time.
Does the "GS" in GSAstuto stand for "Gerstensaft"? :beer:

Jul 2, 2012
asagaya
Note to self: Make a YT Video on how to adjust your deraillers. You're welcome to drop by lab anytime - I'll tweak any TCC or Wiggleator bike for a beer. New bikes usually suffer from a couple of obvious problems - all of which can be resolved within a beer or two of time.
Yes please! that would be rad! I know of an excellent bottle shop that carries all sorts of stuff that will probably pique your interests too!

Where abouts are you based?

Oct 15, 2010
This one is outside the area you asked for, but I've only heard good things about Positivo on this forum:
http://www.positivo.jp/shopinfo/index.html
2-7-4 Todoroki, Setagaya-ku, Tōkyō-to
I won't be going back. Forgot to call me about my order being in, over charged me, and needed to go back because something wasn't done right. I understand others have had good experiences though.