What's new

December Weekday Rides

knownone

Speeding Up
Aug 4, 2011
As I am currently between contracts and have most weekdays free. I am looking to do some riding this month (and getting into a rhythm for the winter) but I am finding it a bit dreary to do all of my rides solo as winter sets in.

Would anyone be up for some weekday rides this month?

At this point most anytime is fine for me as I will have notice of any contract interviews/negotiations in advance and can adjust accordingly.

What is your schedule like?

I'll be finished exams this Friday and so I have time after that.

Where and how long etc?

I'll be finished exams this Friday and so I have time after that.

Where and how long etc?

I am fairly flexible on the where, with a preference for the west side if Tokyo (I do have a bag so further away isn't out). As for distance rides between 40-100k are probably suitable on weekdays.

Any places in particular you like to ride?

I live in Hino (near Tachikawa) so the West side is ok I believe.

Around here there are many places to ride so that's not an issue, but we should ask Owen as he lives Saitama

Around here there are many places to ride so that's not an issue, but we should ask Owen as he lives Saitama

Owen and I are going for a spin on Friday (but you are finishing up then, right?) so we can work out a ride after that. My schedule is a bit more open than Owen's so one way or another working something out should not be a problem.

Sounds good! Ping me when you know your schedule!

I'm down for a few of these - but will be on fixed gear for the most of December and January to concentrate mainly on cadence and regain my 'circle' with some L 'eroica fun rides thrown in. Typically for these months I go more heavy in the gym and cross training to get back some core strength as well - so , just pure hammering in hills is not on my agenda.

I'm down for a few of these - but will be on fixed gear for the most of December and January to concentrate mainly on cadence and regain my 'circle' with some L 'eroica fun rides thrown in. Typically for these months I go more heavy in the gym and cross training to get back some core strength as well - so , just pure hammering in hills is not on my agenda.

In winter weather flatland runs will be easier to schedule and get out there for so it might help you knock the corners off your spin, and who of us would not like to dial in our cadence ;)

Yeah I'll be on hiatus as well until the spring when I'll start the new training, so I'm going to take it down a notch for the winter months. Somewhat unstructured training rides and fun longer rides.

I'd be interested in some medium tempo rides with power climbs, and I'll do some climbing punishment parties at other times.

Yeah I'll be on hiatus as well until the spring when I'll start the new training, so I'm going to take it down a notch for the winter months. Somewhat unstructured training rides and fun longer rides.

I'd be interested in some medium tempo rides with power climbs, and I'll do some climbing punishment parties at other times.

For me the winter runs are about staying out there through the cold months so I will be in good shape to start heavy training in the spring. I am pretty flexible about distance and intensity at this point.

It's starting to look that way!

I live on the east side of Tokyo but I am free Thursday and Friday so may be able to join you depending on start location!

I live on the east side of Tokyo but I am free Thursday and Friday so may be able to join you depending on start location!

I think it is pretty likely that at least some of the rides will be starting on the Arakawa so it shouldn't be hard to catch some rides.

Arakawa is most convenient to me. I generally start out at the Pete's std Familymart location.

Arakawa is most convenient to me. I generally start out at the Pete's std Familymart location.

That's the Funado 3-Chōme one, right? That is not too far away from my regular start point, although there is construction happening on the Arakawa just south of that starting point. Going north it is clear as far as I know, and a few km below that point it is also ok (戸田橋ゴルフ場 to a km or two before the 岩槻水門 is closed off and on).

Based on all of our relative start points and the winter weather, the Arakawa is looking like a good place to start rides in general :)

Back
Top Bottom