What's new

December Weekday Rides

I might be there on Friday, I'm just a little concerned about the distance from my house to the start point to be honest. I've only been riding 2 months and 100km is the furthest I've ridden so far.

I might be there on Friday, I'm just a little concerned about the distance from my house to the start point to be honest. I've only been riding 2 months and 100km is the furthest I've ridden so far.

We don't have to go north on the Arakawa. There are some closures on the way south from the previous meeting point but there is no reason we can't base the ride down there.

I'm in!

Hey I won't make these, too far from my place. Enjoy the rides

This week it looks like it will be Edogawa, so really too far from your place, but I actually live more westward so I would still be up for rides closer to your neck of the woods.

This week it looks like it will be Edogawa, so really too far from your place, but I actually live more westward so I would still be up for rides closer to your neck of the woods.

Cool. I'm on the hunt for saddle today but Friday looks good. I'm thinking something in the hills, but still taking it easy.

Perhaps I'll have a nice new route by next week do others to join.

Cool. I'm on the hunt for saddle today but Friday looks good. I'm thinking something in the hills, but still taking it easy.

I will be doing the Edogawa ride tomorrow, but something in the hills (especially if my windblock tights show up) next week would be nice!

Yeah you will need those it's getting chilly, and by the way which ones did you go with?

I've got Gore Windstopper ones that are ok.

Yeah you will need those it's getting chilly, and by the way which ones did you go with?

I've got Gore Windstopper ones that are ok.

I got some Castelli Fluido Nanoflex tights, which have wind protection just where one needs it. I used a pair of Gore Oxygen SO+ last year, but they did not really stay in place for me and tended to drop half an inch or so, just enough to make it uncomfortable for me when I am in the saddle. That being said, the Gore seemed like good tights, just not suited to my body type (the shoulder straps don't have much tension on my relatively short body). I also have a nice pair of Pearl Izumi AmFib ones, but they are only suitable for -30 to -5C (for me, at least).

I got some Castelli Fluido Nanoflex tights, which have wind protection just where one needs it. I used a pair of Gore Oxygen SO+ last year, but they did not really stay in place for me and tended to drop half an inch or so, just enough to make it uncomfortable for me when I am in the saddle. That being said, the Gore seemed like good tights, just not suited to my body type (the shoulder straps don't have much tension on my relatively short body). I also have a nice pair of Pearl Izumi AmFib ones, but they are only suitable for -30 to -5C (for me, at least).

Yeah I ask because my Gore rights do the same, and the stitching around the saddle area is coming undone. I looked at the Castelli, so it would be good to get some impressions after a few rides.

Yeah I ask because my Gore rights do the same, and the stitching around the saddle area is coming undone. I looked at the Castelli, so it would be good to get some impressions after a few rides.

Haha, and I was hoping they were working for you!

Yeah, I definitely didn't like the floaty feeling in the saddle area. The saddle pad stitching was starting to pop as well, but they definitely did keep the cold out.

I will let you know how the new ones are. Who knows, my first ride in the new ones might be in the hills with you guys.

Josh, I am interested in this. It has been a whiles since our last ride together. It would be great to meet up with you!

Haha, and I was hoping they were working for you!

Yeah, I definitely didn't like the floaty feeling in the saddle area. The saddle pad stitching was starting to pop as well, but they definitely did keep the cold out.

I will let you know how the new ones are. Who knows, my first ride in the new ones might be in the hills with you guys.

Perfect!

I'm actually starting to phase out Gore and move towards Castelli because of quality issues with multiple products, and fit - I'm not a big guy and Castelli seems to actually fit

Josh, I am interested in this. It has been a whiles since our last ride together. It would be great to meet up with you!

For sure ;)

I will post here to let you boys know when I put together a route, but as a heads-up I will likely post the new route in this area next week.

Perfect!

I'm actually starting to phase out Gore and move towards Castelli because of quality issues with multiple products, and fit - I'm not a big guy and Castelli seems to actually fit

Castilli is usually on the small side in regards to sizing, but I find that it generally fits well once you know your size. I have also had good luck with the quality so far.

so whats the time and place tomorrow? weather looks OK!

Place: here

Time: Is 10:30 ok for all coming?

Route: If this works then this is it (first time doing that. If it doesn`t work let me know).

It is shared bike path all the way so speeds wont be massive but there are hardly any people weekdays and few past Matsudo even on the weekend.

This is the turning point. Sekiyado Castle

That looks a good ride; would have loved to have latched on to the pace-line around Kasukabe.

I am working though; bummer.

Have a good one!

Back
Top Bottom