What's new

Today December 2022

It is not all parts... but yes, I have noticed.
I have bought 2 suspension forks in the last 5 months for 40% off.
I noticed recently some flash deals on SRAM AXS stuff being 40% off for a day... then back to 18-20% off during the holidays.
It is getting better - the forks I bought have not been on sale in over 2 years.
I don't see many vendors stocking Shimano stuff, and if they do, it is full price. So, gotta say, I was pretty envious of your GRX limited edition groupset.

Been hammering the running this month and also some strength workouts for next year....

Why haven't I been cycling?

Long story short, motivation. My bike computer went "missing" and by "missing" I mean, the wife may have accidentally thrown it away and it had all of my records and routes on it. Then I realised that they had been backed up so I tried to find the device - I have ransacked the house a few time now - heck, the definition of madness springs to mind - but nothing. Filed a police report just in case someone has handed it in, contacted Garmin but they won't do anything. Heck, they can't even tell me if the device has been reregistered or not.

Pretty bummed out about it all but thanks to the big guy in the red and white suit, I had some money come along and plumped for the Garmin Explore 2. I thought about upgrading to the 1030, with its solar power but that's a step too far for someone who doesn't get out that much - though that will change in 2023.

Moral of the story, always know where your devices are at all times.

Bummer! So you don't use Garmin or Strava websites to record your data?
I use both of those in combo but hoping the routes I have made on the device were backed up to the cloud. Don't know if I had set them up to be uploaded automatically or not to be honest.

Goal met this morning. 8104km for the year.
I celebrated with the big brunch at Dark Arts and a Cuppucino.
I am happy it is over and now excited to give tons of love to the MTBs!
Congrats! Looked like a close run thing so glad you made it.

2022 was a total blow out for me. Only 5,000 km. Glad this year is behind me and hoping I'll be able to get back in the game in 2023.

Congrats! Looked like a close run thing so glad you made it.

2022 was a total blow out for me. Only 5,000 km. Glad this year is behind me and hoping I'll be able to get back in the game in 2023.
Closer than it should have been... but wife & 2 kids means I need to always be ready to lose my ride time. I was several hundred kilometers ahead of schedule for a long while.... then came some sick kiddoes, travel, etc... and suddenly I was several hundred behind... then I broke even and more travel, so I fell behind again. I knew something was going to go wrong and that was stressing me. Luckily I was able to get through this week without any unforeseen issues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom