What's new

Today December 2021

I can't touch the amount of time I put in on the trainer last year, but my outside miles were within striking distance. The past two weeks, I have been adding to my commute or other rides to chip away at the difference. This morning I did a metric century route to Odawara and back to beat last years outside miles by 14km. Little victories.

I am way behind what I had expected - but tearing my knee up and spending a month in Europe for work were not part of the plan.

BUT - all I need to do is not get hurt for the rest of the day and it will be the first New Years in 3 year I am not hurt!

I can't touch the amount of time I put in on the trainer last year, but my outside miles were within striking distance. The past two weeks, I have been adding to my commute or other rides to chip away at the difference. This morning I did a metric century route to Odawara and back to beat last years outside miles by 14km. Little victories.

I am way behind what I had expected - but tearing my knee up and spending a month in Europe for work were not part of the plan.

BUT - all I need to do is not get hurt for the rest of the day and it will be the first New Years in 3 year I am not hurt!
I have 18 km to go IOT reach 9,000km (a record for me). Just a number, but gonna have to do it tonight. As you say, "Little victories."

Bumped up my VeloViewer max to 39x39. Not yet near the "Dear Leader"'s ( @Half-Fast Mike ) 52x52, so something to work for next year. Still, big bump this year so I'm happy with that. Little victory #2.

Tried the Fuji Hill Climb and was an epic fail😥 I think I'll have to try it again next year....or not. If the weather looks rainy again, maybe not.

well @joewein , just so you and the forum know, our @Kangaeroo rode over 30,000 km in 2021. so nobody better question his readiness ok? :cool:

That's about 3 times further than I have ever cycled in one year and 2-3 times what most car owners drive in a year here in Japan. It's an amazing achievement. He worked on it very consistently.

But for background, I wanted to do the west Izu ride with @Kangaeroo early in December already but he was too busy until year end (definitely not a matter of fitness for him!). I am glad we can finally do it in January :)

Downtube shifters.
Not a strikeout. How often do you shift vs. how long do you have your hands on the bar? I think they're still useful in this scenario. OK, you'll have to pull one of your hand out of the mitts every now and then, but I don't think that's a big deal (says I as a non-user).

Last edited:
So an impulse black Friday purchase arrived finally.
Tires mounted, but need to clear out the seeping sealant a bit.
These will be the backup set on my Gravel bike for road rides.
Overkill? Yup. But a fun experiment.
These wheels are in ridiculous demand, so if they don't work out, no worries selling them.

1640946736916.png

This is a very interesting wheelset. Care to share your experience with it after a few months? :)
Sure! Im curious if i can somehow get roadbike perfomance out of my 1x11 gravel bike.

These are Enve foundation 65. $1600 wheelset with i9 101 hubs. Second tier wheels per Enve to their $2600 version.

They are particular in compatible tires. The conti gp4000&5000 specifically are not compatible. So i bought the enve tires in 700x27.

Will definitely update after some miles.

i heard Enve are now okay with Contis on theiir rims, was a firm don't do it 6 months ago. Seems Continental redesigned the whole tubeless layups. Nice wheels man.

Back
Top Bottom