What's new

Ride Dec 30 Bonen-megalo-brevet-kai

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
MegaloBrevitPoster.png

@Mlac Peek and I will be doing the epic bonen-megalo-brevet-kai on December 30th this year. A great chance for all to boost your numbers and see out the year in a sightseeing river bonanza!

The route will basically follow this,
http://www.strava.com/activities/7893664 (Thanks @theDude !)
but in reverse.

I'll do up a proper map….. maybe….!

So we will start at the spaceship (6:20am), and head down Arakawa to the port, across to the Edogawa and up to Kumagaya and then back down to the spaceship. Should be around +200km.

Pace won't be lightning fast as it will be a social ride, but all attendants will be expected to take their turn at the front of the line.

Not a lot of stops, and lunch will be somewhere in the crossover between Edogawa and Arakawa.

Anyone is welcome, to join from where they like or drop off from where they like.

Last edited:
In.

Shame it is not going in the opposite direction; I was going to say, if any of you beat my Sekiyado TT time on this ride, I will give you 1,000,000yen.

Going this way allows Tokyo residents to join as we pass through their neighborhoods!

Knee is still hurting from some recent "low risk" treatment so possible that I might not make it. But, will be there if I can.

The wind up north on the river today carried the speed and weight of a muffugin falling star. If it continues like this, and in the same direction, the ride up to Kumagaya is going to be Emlack Bleak. The ride back down the Tonegawa though, will be absolutely screaming. When it got behind me today (and wasn't trying to throw me off sideways) I was scything ahead, easily in the mid-50s. I went up the hill from dropping down under a bridge at 49kmph without pedalling at one point. LOL. This tailwind only lasted a few km though, and then it was back to the swirling balance testing assault...

Sorry to hear the treatment at this point hasn't been successful. Hope you can make the ride… Actually Peek and I were discussing turning this into a Chiba extravaganza, car out, car or train back….
Do you guys have any preference? It would be nice to do some hills, and leave this ride to feb or whatever when it is truly cold.

Knee is still hurting from some recent "low risk" treatment so possible that I might not make it. But, will be there if I can.

The wind up north on the river today carried the speed and weight of a muffugin falling star. If it continues like this, and in the same direction, the ride up to Kumagaya is going to be Emlack Bleak. The ride back down the Tonegawa though, will be absolutely screaming. When it got behind me today (and wasn't trying to throw me off sideways) I was scything ahead, easily in the mid-50s. I went up the hill from dropping down under a bridge at 49kmph without pedalling at one point. LOL. This tailwind only lasted a few km though, and then it was back to the swirling balance testing assault...

I stupidly went for a 30km run this morning. My legs were still a little sore from a tempo half marathon I did on Tuesday but I thought it would be ok. The way out was really nice, with the tailwind pushing me along like a freight train. At the 15km turnaround point things changed. Oh my god. It had 15km of relentless headwind. On the way out, I was running with a HR around 137-138. Same pace on the way back and I was around 158. It was awful. I thought I was going to be lifted off my feet by the wind at one point. Damn winter wind.

Sorry to hear the treatment at this point hasn't been successful. Hope you can make the ride… Actually Peek and I were discussing turning this into a Chiba extravaganza, car out, car or train back….
Do you guys have any preference? It would be nice to do some hills, and leave this ride to feb or whatever when it is truly cold.

I was looking forward to going absolutely nuts on the river in a paceline with you bellends, but yeah, I could be up for Chiba. Will finish up my work this week and let you know.

Either or.

Actually, Chiba is all in all a bit more interesting than slogging up and down rivers all day.

Back
Top Bottom