IMG_1688.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1690.JPG
    IMG_1690.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1691.JPG
    IMG_1691.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 33
Certainly a great way to close out the year. Well done that man for suggesting it.

It was Baltic to start with and John asking if it would warm up at all after the first freezing downhill confirmed it wasn't just me thinking that.
We met Gunnar just after that and cracked on at a fair clip. There were more cars than I'm used to in that area but nothing serious. Once we cleared the conurbation we saw very few again until the end of the day.
We hit the coast and then left it again knowing we'd be back for lunch. We did another loop up and out culminating in a high speed downhill on a toll road to the place John picked out for refuelling. We had the restaurant to ourselves and the served up our order with pretty good efficiency considering our number. At that point we'd done 115km and the rest was homeward bound.
Last time I was on this route there had been a rock fall and road damage but it was passable if you stepped through the low randomly placed barriers, this time the powers that be had determined that none shall pass. We looked for an alternative route but when that ended at the top of a very steep mossy lane we just manned up and rolled A-Team style under the fences while the lanky members handed the bikes over the top. theBlob copping a good feel of everyone's rides and enjoying it way too much. At this point much kudos was given to Heath for riding a beast made of purest lead.
Back on well paved road we continued on.
With the light fading fast we rolled over the Chiba hills regrouping at red lights or when the map carrier fell behind. With two punctures mended and Garmins running out of batteries the temperature was dropping and I threatened to put my brevet pinks back on. This was enough to spur us back to the supermarket car park we'd left behind all those hours ago just before it got really dark.

People said goodbye there were lots of high fives and then the best ramen in town.

Mlac Peek has already done his recovery ride! We concluded that this man is related to Steve Austin and his feats of strength and physical endurance should no longer be lauded as exceptional. We could all do it if we were bionic like him.

12 started 11 finished together with most having nothing left in the tank.

There was talk of a Shinnenmeglobrevetkai and trail running in the new year.

So the TCC Bonen megalo brevet Kai was a storming success. Thanks to everyone for making the trip out to Chiba - the rolling roads did their hardest to sap everyone's energy but the weather was perfect and kept us in good spirits. It was great to meet a bunch of new riders as well as dig in and finish strong with the seasoned regulars. Nice one!

Coming up next, Shinnen megalo brevet Kai, flat and long river ride...

Flight Of The Mlac Peek! Surely, he must be bionic! He seemed to be in auto-pilot the whole ride. A super rider.

Last edited:
Hmmm...high cadence climbing, on super-light bikes, you guys flew. I hope to aspire to that level in 2015. Rarely have I ridden with so many strong climbers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom