What's new

Today Dec 2019

[...]

I completed my Century A Month challenge (at least 160.9+ km in one ride) for 2019 by riding 170 km to Tomin no Mori and back on Dec 1. I was joined by a cousin of mine, whose longest ride previously was about 70 km. She hadn't done any significant cycling for the last couple of months, if you discount renting an ancient mamachari in Laos while visiting SE Asia, from where she headed to Japan to see us.

[...]
Congratulations @joewein ! Photos are gorgeous, nice red leaves!

Can anyone guess what's this bruise from? It is cycling related for sure. Just noticed it now, and looks like I earned it this morning on the commute

1575372677009.png

Your wet mistress?

He talks about the river, which indeed was wet yesterday morning. So you got it, as far as it goes, but how exactly? I never fell off or anything. What could cause a bruise at such a weird place? I'd be surprised if anyone guessed it right honestly. I'll reveal it tonight anyway

Obviously @luka was attempting to wrestle the boar.

Commuting continues on the SS.
My brain is slowly rewiring. I am also seeing some speed differences at the top of hills. Due to not being able to charge the hills with my lower gearing, I am more fresh mid hill and stronger near the top. End results? I am consistently faster commuting home on the SS vs gears.

OK - here we go....
Emily got her bike 2 day ago. She rode it around and was a bit unstable as she is making a huge jump from her old way too small bike to a slightly too big bike. Ultimately, she did well for her first ride, but she was nervous.

1575460616605.png

In the drops and barnged your arm against the top of the bar?

can't believe someone actually got it!!! pretty surprised by the responses too, both quantity and quality. was too busy today to check the forum at all, and now coming to all this. but basically I ride in the drops like 95% of the time. I feel most in control and comfortable there. yesterday morning I was bunny hopping a lot over puddles and leftover mud etc and it seems the tops would hit me there and if a lot of it goes on it can add up to a bruise like this. one more reason to switch over to a flared bar next time around

Obviously @luka was attempting to wrestle the boar.

can't believe this was just yesterday, and it's only a few km downstream from where I live!!! I probably only barely missed it! in the middle of freaking metropolis, a boar??!!?!

Do you think Dad doesn't have a solution for his little girl's dilemma?
I checked the closet and found an old set of Soma Sparrow bars. But they are 25.4 - so I needed a new stem (amazon.co.jp to the rescue).
I have gotten it set up but she has not ridden it yet in the new config.

20191204_204346.jpg20191204_204350.jpg20191204_204355.jpg20191204_204402.jpg

Back
Top Bottom