What's new

Ride DEC 1st Kasumigaura Lake Ride

Phil

Maximum Pace
Sep 1, 2007
Basil and I were planning a flat and fast run up and around Lake Kasumigaura in Ibaraki and would love company if anyone is interested in joining us.

Start: Sakura JR Station (佐倉) on the Narita/Sobu Lines. You could also take the Keisei out to Sakura as well and ride over.
Date: Dec 1st, Sunday. Edit: Rollout about 8:45 AM. Aim to be back at Sakura around 3:30.
Pace: Fast.
Route: 150 kms from Sakura to the west end of the lake, around the lake, and back via the Tone River and Inbanuma bike paths. Untrafficked bike paths for most of the route, just a couple of sections of busy road. Maybe a quick drink stop on the way up, soba at the 70 kms mark, one more combini stop after that.

Broad open vistas, chance for long stretches of head-down hammering. Nice change of pace from the hills for those in the mood.

Last edited:
Trains: The JR Tokkyu Shiosai out of Tokyo (also stops at Kinshicho) is the best way to get out to Sakura. Leaves Tokyo at 7:37, arrives Sakura at 8:24.

So let's make the rollout officially 8:45 or so?

Meeting is south exit (combini on that side), and there are lockers in the station.

Looks like a nice ride. I'll see what I can do to make it out there.

I need to pick up the pace a bit so I'd like to join this ride.

Aahhh... Paceline heaven!
Sounds like a blast! I'll be there. T

Doug3
theDude
saibot
Musashi13
TimeTraveler
Tom
Doug
WhiteGiant

Great, thanks for the interest! We usually only get 2 or 3 takers for the flat runs :) Will be good to meet again/for the first time.

This looks great, and easily get-at-able from my place. I only wish I wasn't working that day :( To my regret I haven't joined a group ride yet…busy as hell in my current job, including most weekends.

Hope you guys have a blast out there!

Pete

calendar / comprehension fail.

I thought this was Saturday.... I'm not able to go Sunday, unfortunately.... next time....

I will be coming up from Hanamigawa, so I will plan to meet you at the Windmill a bit before 9am.

I thought this was Saturday.... I'm not able to go Sunday, unfortunately.... next time....
I thought it was last week!

Got ready and everything.

Still up for this week, though.

What kind of pace will you guys be averaging on the flat? I followed White Giant up Norikura in early summer but with no other comparison points not entirely confident I can keep with you for 157km's

ninjarider, theDude > Sorry you can't make it, we'll hopefully do this again in the new year and make it a Saturday.

doug3 > Sounds good. Assuming we roll out on time we should pass by about 5 minutes before 9.

macrophotofly > On the clearer paths north of the lake and the Tone, we usually do 35 km/hr+ for fairly long stretches in wind neutral conditions. If into a headwind, much slower :)

Dammit! I too, have made the Saturday/Sunday snafu!
I didn't even look at the date, I just assumed it was a Saturday ('cos that's when we ride, isn't it?).
Sorry to miss this one! I was really looking forward to a wonderful high-speed ride.
Hopefully see you next time, Phil.
Travis

sorry to pile on the withdraws, but I'm out too. After a year of healthy healthy I'm coming down with something for the second time this month. And unlike the manly @leicaman I can't ride trough it.

Was really looking forward to it. have a good one.

sorry to pile on the withdraws, but I'm out too. After a year of healthy healthy I'm coming down with something for the second time this month. And unlike the manly @leicaman I can't ride trough it.

Was really looking forward to it. have a good one.
Get well soon, bro.

On the clearer paths north of the lake and the Tone, we usually do 35 km/hr+ for fairly long stretches in wind neutral conditions. If into a headwind, much slower

This makes me cry. I want so much get out on a ride like this. Damn broken elbow....
Do this ride again in about a month please!

Back
Top Bottom