What's new

Ride Cyclocross coaching and group ride.

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Well as the road and Mtb season draws to a close the insanity known as cyclocross begins and my training will alter accordingly.

With this in mind I will hold some Cyclocross specific skills classes (level depending on riders ability and number of classes attended) and riding sessions - these will be about 2 hours in length and held in the Yokohama, Seya-ku and Asahi-ku area either on a Saturday morning after 10am or early on Sunday mornings.

Coaching
  • Bike set up
  • Importance of tire selection both tubular and clincher (We race on both!)
  • Basic skills and bike handling (cornering, dismounts and remounts)
  • Intermediate skills (Dismount to carry, carry to remount, Bunny hops, Traverse)
  • Advanced skills (Chicane, Stairs, Step ups, Step downs)
  • Explosive starts
  • Wheel pacing
  • Attacking - when and where
Group rides

These will be at a very hard pace, basically to push you to your limits and simulate cyclocross racing conditions. Yes you might be able to pull of a perfect dismount over a chicane and remount like a ballerina but doing so after 30 minutes in the heat of a race is another mater all together. So within the group ride this is the perfect time to put all the skills together at a simulated race pace and get bragging rights on each other - or more importantly on me as I'm knackered after a long road season!

The first session will be held this weekend if there is enough interest and again remember you don't need a cyclocross bike to join an Mtb is also perfectly acceptable.

Also although I am offering these for free any donation would be very welcome.

Credentials:

UCI certified Coach and Sports Nutritionist. UCI Pro Elite CX, Cat 1 Road, ex Pro Elite Mtb and Road.

Last edited:
Oh and I forgot to mention that these will be held rain on shine!

Interested, my first race ever was actually cyclecross but that's more than 22 years ago.
I will be getting my new cyclcross end of this month (after my father has sold my three Alan bikes years ago) so like to join Group rides later.

Still waiting for cx bike.

Waiting as it's on order or as in you want one - Not sure if you know but I designed the Champion system CX bike which was then built in Taiwan, if you are interested I can get you a quote for a frame with a custom paint job, send me a PM. The frames are now used by our Teams in the US, HK, Japan and Australia.

Actually it's in customs. Just waiting release. But James , I want to set his up with decent disc brakes. I've used the new Shimano and well, hmmm,mm,, the SRAM are mucho better. Ideas here? At Eurobike the booths were flooded with the new hydraulic versions, hmmm again.

Actually it's in customs. Just waiting release. But James , I want to set his up with decent disc brakes. I've used the new Shimano and well, hmmm,mm,, the SRAM are mucho better. Ideas here? At Eurobike the booths were flooded with the new hydraulic versions, hmmm again.

Erm really? Every man and his dog are saying the Shimano are way better than the SRAM and don't change the hood dynamics and that includes a lot of the Pro's on SRAM. If you are looking for the ultimate mix up though TRP HY/RD disc calipers and rotors with your existing mechanical system.

So where exactly is the first session? need any barriers?

Won't make it this weekend, but definitely interested in this. Go James!

Back
Top Bottom