What's new

Cycling related goals in 2015

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
While out for a gentle ride this morning, between clearing the deposits of phlegm, my thoughts turned to cycling goals for 2015. A few goals popped into my head.

1). Everesting a climb (most probably Shiraishi)
2). Doing a 400km+ ride
3). Completing the Otsuki 13.5
4). Having as much fun on the bike as is possible (especially while trying to complete the goals mentioned above).

How about everyone else? Any big plans or hopes for 2015?

Ps. I will be recruiting troops for the above mentioned goals in the coming months. (@Adam Cobain , @Pedro @saibot @Andy in Tokyo this means you).

I'm a modest man with modest goals:

1) Explore the yonder side of Chichibu, as well as the Okutama area (The Boob Ride, etc).

2) Do some 200km+ rides with the usual suspects; look awesome in selfies of said rides (not hard).

3) Lure @Yamabushi out of his lair for some Saturday rides.

4) Buy some new wheels, probably from @saibot after he decides to get a third pair.

1) Finish up the Chinese carbon stealth bike.
2) Learn how to use SPD-SL pedals on said bike.
3) Ride with you lot as often as I can until I do your collective heads in. I haven't even met some of you yet. This needs to be rectified.

1) Sekiyado TT in 6 minutes (which will require a 60kmph average speed, and Russian 'vitamins', but YOLO)
2) Program my Di2 shifter buttons to connect to the trading app in my phone. Left button = BUY, Right button = SELL, so I can bring emerging economies to their knees while riding.
3) Make enough money so at the end of the year I can do my last ride down to the coast, pick my bike up and lob it in the sea, then get a taxi all the way home, and just buy a new one on my phone on the journey back.
4) Buy stocks in 7-11 socks, then convince everyone over the world, via Facebook, road.cc, weightweenies, and r/velo that they are the best socks for riding. Clean up, and use the money to buy yet more Valentino and DSquared2 suits and shoes.
5) Continue my resurrection as a full on weight lifting gym bully, and see how that affects riding.
6) Start an addicts support group in my local area, and design and run a recovery program centred around Strava and riding.

and...

7) Set myself up as a completely immoral hedge fund manager, investing without remorse, for psychopaths, and then spend some of the profits on my own pro tour racing team.

1) Cut the steerer tube and seat post on my frame before it turns one year old.
2) Be faster and stronger than last year.
3) Explore new areas around Gunma and Yamanashi.
4) Enjoy the laughs, challenges, miseries and achievements with my cycling mates.

Simple ones for me this year.

1) More distance every month than last year
2) Lose more weight than last year (& keep it off this time)
3) Finish the Okutama boob ride that I bailed on last spring (Got to the top & realised that the light would go on me by the end of the ride & I would end up at Shinjuku station at rush hour)

Coast to coast to coast tour either in spring or summer. Most likely Chiba -> Niigata -> Chiba. I'm still working out the route.
If anyone is interested in coming along company would be lovely.

1) Same basic goals as every year:
a) at least one 160+ km ride every month,
b) at least 100 km every week (negotiable during overseas trips),
c) ...which are only possible if I don't get injured or killed

2) Do a few 3000+ m elevation gain rides (Otsuki 4.5, sea level-Fuji 5th stage-sea level)

3) Properly prepare for 400 km and 600 km brevets this year

4) A multi-day trip would be nice

1. Complete my 80's frame build.
2. Ride afore mentioned bike willy nilly.
3. Ride afore mentioned bike to Tokyo, along the old Nakasendo, taking in as many post towns as possible. Back along the Pacific Coast, taking in as many beaches as possible. Maybe make it a loop including Kyoto.
4. Stay safe

sea level-Fuji 5th stage-sea level
If you're gonna do that, you may as well pack some running shoes in your bag and pop up to the summit while you are at it.
...and break your bike on the way.

chopsticksandtape.jpg

Go on more group rides.
Escape into the wilderness more often.
Get up early and claim Tama in the mornings.
Sound less like an parched dog when running out of steam - or better still - learn to keep the boiler going strong.

When winter ends, get off the trainer and back on a real road.

When winter ends, get off the trainer and back on a real road.
one guy on my Instagram feed lives in Sweden and he seems to go riding everyday. Doesn't seem to stop him. Stop being a wuss (easy for me to say, here in a relatively balmy Tokyo ;) ).

4) Dress as Michael Knight replete with curly perm wig, stick some small speakers under the saddle of the new bike, connect them to an ipod which is playing the first four bars of the Knight Rider theme on a continual loop, then ride like a maniac along Mejiro Dori, cutting off taxis and Prius drivers with careless abandon.

one guy on my Instagram feed lives in Sweden and he seems to go riding everyday. Doesn't seem to stop him. Stop being a wuss (easy for me to say, here in a relatively balmy Tokyo ;) ).

Well, today would've been okay, but I'd committed to working on a couple term-end tests.

I don't mind cold, even below freezing cold. But I really don't like being wet and cold and/or riding thru snow on the ground.

(CX be damned)

Back
Top Bottom