Help Cycling Phrases

fredstaple

Speeding Up
Nov 1, 2009
Puerto de la Santa Maria
I was wondering if someone could help me with a couple phrases translated into Japanese and also with help on pronumncing them:

May I draft off you please?

Do you mind if I ride in your slipstream?

May I join your paceline?

I often meet up with Japanese riders, but do not know how to ask them if it is OK to join up with them. From everything I can gather, hand signals are pretty universal.

Anyone know how to signal a road hazard, i.e. broken glass. I usually just point down towards it and shake my hand a little.

Jan 14, 2007
Noda
japanichiban.com
I was wondering if someone could help me with a couple phrases translated into Japanese and also with help on pronumncing them:

May I draft off you please?

Do you mind if I ride in your slipstream?

I often meet up with Japanese riders, but do not know how to ask them if it is OK to join up with them. From everything I can gather, hand signals are pretty universal.

Anyone know how to signal a road hazard, i.e. broken glass. I usually just point down towards it and shake my hand a little.
I guess it depends how well you know the person...

When I'm out of shape and there are only 2 of us at training, I usually ask them to 'pull me'.

My Japanese isn't great and I try to keep it simple anyway....
What I'd say....

引いてください、hi i te kudasai. (please pull me[along])

A bit trickier...but I'd just use simple phrases like this....

すみません、いいですか? 私もさんかしたい!
sumimasen, ii desu ka? watashi mo sanka shitai.
Excuse me, is it OK? I want to ride with you....

Your broken glass signal is the same as mine.... or I point down and circle my hand around the hazard with quick motion....

Izo

Warming-Up
Oct 20, 2010
Wakoshi
... and how do I say -
"Unpredictable novice. Come close at own peril!!!!"

Quite keen to pin this to my back for Sado. Last year people were way too close to me oblivious to the serious danger!

May 22, 2007
Kawasaki
halffastcycling.com
... and how do I say -
"Unpredictable novice. Come close at own peril!!!!"

Quite keen to pin this to my back for Sado. Last year people were way too close to me oblivious to the serious danger!
LOL. How about...

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fimg853.imageshack.us%2Fimg853%2F1748%2Fwakaba.gif&hash=648d18aba2e5c149251568d4949d0d29

初心者注意
車間距離を充分に

shoshinsha chuui
shakan kyori wo juubun ni

Beware of the novice
Leave plenty of space

That should have the desired effect and make you some friends.