What's new

Review CycleOps Magneto Pro

j-sworks

Maximum Pace
Feb 5, 2012
First impressions of my new Turbo trainer,

I got a good trainer for the poor weather days, and I also got the front wheel block for climbing simulation, the sweat thing so I don't make my bike all gross, training tire, and the rubber mat. Also the trainer came with a training DVD so that's nice, Robbie Ventura is the race coach in the vid. Grand total 37k and some change.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the ease of use, challenge of the rides, and the feel is great - very close to a real ride.

Build: solid well built metal with fold out legs, legs and frame have soft rubber feet, the fly wheel is solid and spins very well, the settings dial is easy to change and made of solid plastic. A nice touch is the adjustable leg height for uneven surfaces.

Resistance settings: spin, road, mountain, intervals.
- Spin is great for a warm up using the Race Day training DVD
- Road is the best setting for using the full Race Day DVD, it simulates regular road riding with some random variations in resistance.
- Mountain is the hardest setting while used in conjunction with the climbing block for the front wheel, it throws random simulated climbs at you that vary in resistance difficulty.
- intervals... Brutal. It's like doing your regular intervals but with someone pushing you backward with increasing force every time you increase the pace.

Sound level: I would say that it's comparable to a washing machine, no big deal if you don't live in a wood building (no concrete structure).

Set up time: out of the box = 2 minutes, setting up to ride = 5 minutes or less.

Bang, that's it - it's a trainer ;)

Recommended.

Question: Out of the CycleOps line-up, what made you pick this out out of it?

Question: Out of the CycleOps line-up, what made you pick this out out of it?

It has the Pro frame that folds easily, levels, and is made to be quite and stronger than the "classic"

The magneto pro has four settings, that I wanted, and I read many reviews plus the cycleops video that shows it is the quietest one in the lineup.

Back
Top Bottom