Cycle shops in Japan that accept Paypal???

snakane

Cruising
Sep 3, 2008
Omiya
Hello.

I just found your very nice website and I look forward to meeting some you personally on some upcoming club rides.

I was wondering if anyone knows of some online cycle shops in Japan with good selections that accept Paypal as payment? I have some funds left over in my US Paypal account and instead of going through the hassle of transferring the funds to Japan, I thought I would just use it to buy cycling stuff. Also, using Paypal means the purchases don't show up on the credit card statement that my wife looks at :)

If you know of some good online shops that accept Paypal, the information will be greatly appreciated.

Shinichi

Edogawakikkoman

Maximum Pace
Jan 14, 2007
Noda
japanichiban.com
Most companies in Japan have never heard of Paypal so I think your chances will be few...

You could possibly make a Paypal payment to a friend in Japan and have them give you the cash....

AlanW

Maximum Pace
Jan 30, 2007
Tokyo
You might have better luck buying from a US or UK online shop and getting the goods sent here. I know www.chainreactioncycles.com takes Paypal and will ship stuff internationally - you just have to be careful they don't send it to your registered Paypal address. You won't pay UK VAT (sales tax @ 17.5%) but you may have to pay Japan import duty (something like 5% I believe).