What's new

Cycle Mode 2010

WhiteGiant

Maximum Pace
Nov 4, 2006
It's that time of year again!
http://www.cyclemode.net/

Same place as before: Makuhari Messe, Nov 5th, 6th, 7th.
A couple of years ago, several of us rode out there on the Saturday, and enjoyed a large-ish group ride back into the city afterwards.

If anyone wants to do the same this year, let me know, and we can arrange something - Probably for Saturday (6th) again.

Travis

I maybe working on some of the sponsors booths

Haven't been in a few years, so wouldn't mind trying to make it this time around.

Travis, I'd be riding in from the opposite direction of course, but would be good to meet up at the show itself.

Won't ride out there, but wouldn't mind a meet up and beer if you're around Travis.

6th will be good.

I'm thinking about going on the first day - Friday the 5th. Don't know if I can free up my schedule, but if I do, I will post again.

Just bumping this--are you still thinking of going Travis (et al)?

Saturday!

Just bumping this--are you still thinking of going Travis (et al)?

Hey Phil (and Lee),
Sorry about the late reply. Yes, I will still be going to check it out this Saturday (weather permitting).
Also, like Jules, I have a spare free ticket for one of you - if you're interested.
I'll be riding my bike in, of course (not to look cool, so much as it's more convenient from where I live), but if we could all decide on what time we'll get there and try to meet out the front somewhere, it'll save at least one of you from having to buy a ticket.
Cheers! T

I would like to go as well. What time do you plan to meet in Makuhari?

If Serguei joins in too, I might consider riding in from Kanagawa. :)

Hey Phil (and Lee),
Sorry about the late reply. Yes, I will still be going to check it out this Saturday (weather permitting).
Also, like Jules, I have a spare free ticket for one of you - if you're interested.

Hey Travis, count me 90% for sure in. And yeah, I don't have a ticket yet so if you're offering... :)

Early would be a bit better for me. Doors open at 10am, right? How about some time just before that, at say the bike parking lot on this map?

http://www.cyclemode.net/hall/

Still haven't decided whether I will be going Friday or in the Weekend.

But here is some exciting news:
Campi will debut their electronic shifting 11spd group at Cyclemode!

Let us take this opportunity to inform you that the same Pinarello bike will be on display at the coming Cycle Mode Show in Tokyo while Campagnolo first official statement regarding the sport and sponsoring program of our electronic shifting device will be spread at the occasion of the official presentation of the Movistar Team.

Following the usual timing of any market introduction, in occasion of a future official presentation of the Campagnolo electronic shifting device, we will supply technical details, pictures and all relevant information about the final market product."

Planning to bunk off work early on Friday and go when there are (hopefully) less punters at the show - more chance of a test ride!
AW.

Hey Phil (and Lee),
Sorry about the late reply.

Also sorry about the late reply.

I'm not sure about the work situation this weekend at the moment (currently it's about 35% probability of attending).

I'll keep my eye on this thread - much as I'd like to see everyong again, if I'm there on Saturday I'm there, if not not.

Lee

My own update--probably going to follow Alan's lead and try to go down tomorrow (Friday); if I do, count me out for Saturday.

My own update--probably going to follow Alan's lead and try to go down tomorrow (Friday); if I do, count me out for Saturday.

Phil,
I will be there this afternoon, arrive around 3:30PM, meet Alan at the entrance at4PM.
Hope see you then:)

PS: I am sooooo looking forward to hunting up my possible bike in near future, maybe Look or Colnago:p

Naomi

Naomi not a Pink Pinarello Prince or Quatro?

Hmmmm.

Still haven't decided whether I will be going Friday or in the Weekend.

But here is some exciting news:
Campi will debut their electronic shifting 11spd group at Cyclemode!

Interesting
I dont think shimano quite has it down yet, the front derailleur is to die for, the rear however could use work. I used the bike set up by shimano and the guy who helped invent it, and one top professionals bike from garmin, and a bike I myself set up and I never felt the rear was as perfect as the mechanical 10 speed dura ace 7900 gruppo. Im sure it will only get better! 11 on the cog seemed nice when I first heard of it but, dont dare bump that rear derailleur and bend the hanger cause it wont move across that narrow width as well as it once did. Once its set, its set, like all Campy. I ride the 10 speed myself, been a campy sucker for about 5 years now. I'm not so sure the narrower chain from the eleven speed will hold up as the wider 10 did. This is probably the same thing they said from 8-9 speed as well.

So if JP doesnt have it yet IT aint gonna, We shall see though!!!
If I remember correctly DA Electronic is heavyer than the mechanical, not to mention the ugly battery pack.....

I think electric shifters are good for people with short fingers or one arm.

I know that the gearing stays true and you can swap the gears to the left and right side of the handle bar or pretty much anywhere you like blah blah blah.... but really how hard is it to shift now? If you want to take it that far, just get a motorbike!

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com

ALso

Good for people with arthritus too! I did work for a charity ride from San Francisco to La Jolla last year and a vietnam vet who was a double amputee below the knees with arthritic hands said it made it so he can ride again. he was unable to shift with mechanical! You though you were tough try riding 620 miles with no legs..... there was a man who did the entire length on his handcycle too...

http://www.challengedathletes.org/compete/MDC_routes.htm

Phil,
I will be there this afternoon, arrive around 3:30PM, meet Alan at the entrance at4PM.
Hope see you then:)

PS: I am sooooo looking forward to hunting up my possible bike in near future, maybe Look or Colnago:p

Naomi

Sorry I missed you and Alan at the show... I got there right at 2 and only stayed an hour or so.

Don't talk to me about Looks, I've been craving one for years now and the temptation is still there!

Some fine bikes at the show. Had been looking hard at the Scott CR1, and the Pro and SL matt black look a lot better in person than in photos...

Back
Top Bottom