customized Brooks saddles

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
Having it done is expensive, but some are pretty nice looking:

GALLERY.jpg

http://www.karaginther.com/shop/custom-saddles

This reminds me of "デコトラ" but also of tatoos. Probably works best for a bike you hang on the wall of a cafe or a living room rather than one you actually ride...

I customised my B17 as it didn't really work well with bars below saddle level - too much chafing on the side flaps.

It's now a poor man's Swallow, replete with a riveted underside plate to prevent sagging. Well, the underside plate is actually the side plates from a link of old chain, but it accomplishes the same job.

This reminds me of "デコトラ" but also of tatoos. Probably works best for a bike you hang on the wall of a cafe or a living room rather than one you actually ride...

Why? Many riding saddles (horse) have amazing designs on them which get just as much use as a bike saddle - as long as you use saddle soap and keep up the maintenance the customization will last for decades.

In regards to the looks, many riders customize their rides whether it be matching cables and hoods or paint schemes - bicycles are very personal things, we bond with them and making them that little more unique.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom