What's new

Cross training

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
Or should it be cross-training?

Generally, I'm wondering if TCC could expand a little somehow, maybe add a subforum (or a sticky) on cross training. Instead of the other, non-cycling stuff people here may do just popping up in the odd thread, maybe there could be a place to post about that stuff? There's the half-fast niche, but that's still cycling.

I'm not sure, how many runners/swimmers/etc are there?

When I search around, I've found kick-boxing, runners, people doing weights, and my own alternate--swimming. And someone interested in triathlons just introduced themselves. There are probably other things. (Snowshoeing, walking/jogging with your dog, marathon sex...?)

I'm wondering if TCC could broaden out a little, or grow a little fuzzy around the edges. TCC does a great job with cycling (mostly members of the foreigner community in Japan), perhaps it could somehow include/reflect the other activities that those same members also do?

TCC/cycling+other things, something like that.

What do you think?

I understand what you are trying to get but TCC is like paint it does exactly what it says on the tin - Cycling. Maybe you should start TRC or TSC etc for runners or swimmers....

I understand what you are trying to get but TCC is like paint it does exactly what it says on the tin - Cycling.

But (cough!) by the same logic TCC is clearly Tokyo, innit? So what's up with these tales of France? (To which I'd respond: I enjoy reading them and hope they keep coming.)

I don't have any particular opinion on the original proposal. Still:

I'm wondering if TCC could broaden out a little, or grow a little fuzzy around the edges. TCC does a great job with cycling (mostly members of the foreigner community in Japan), perhaps it could somehow include/reflect the other activities that those same members also do?

Perhaps it could somehow include the same activity that other kinds of people do. Notably (as the sample from "the foreigner community" is far from random), women. (I confess to having no suggestions for how to achieve this, but others here might.)

Back
Top Bottom