What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Wanted Cross or Road Bike ca. USD400 or less in Tokyo--for a Tall Person

DC-Gaijin

Warming-Up
Jul 5, 2015
Hey all,

Looking for a cheap used or new road or cross bike for commuting. Big problem is that I am tall (6'3" or ca. 190 cm), which sizes me out of a lot of bikes on the market around Tokyo. If anyone knows any shops around Tokyo that cater to the tall gaijin and that are staffed with English speakers, that would be most welcome. FYI, live in Nakameguro and work in Hatchobori.

Thanks!

Not sure if it falls within the price range at all, and this is purely speculative and on the off chance, but have a word with @benspenceley.

I don't know if it's still available, but this looks nice for commuting... https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/threads/2011-civia-bryant-60cm-frame-forks-versatile.5798/

It's only the frame and fork so would probably end up being well over your budget, though.

If you don't mind something old the Cyclys in Setagaya and Tachikawa have quite a few large sized bike-boom era roads bikes for cheap. They all need some work, but if you're handy you could get any of them up and running for well under your budget.

Good find. Could be a little flexy but in your budget it ticks the boxes.

Back
Top Bottom