Credit card touring between Naruko and Yamadera

Aug 14, 2013
I'm doing a credit card touring trip this weekend, starting on the Ichinoseki shinkansen station, up mount Kurikoma and around to Naruko for the night. From there I'm going to Obanasawa to eat mellons until I'm sick and pass out. The next day off to Yamadera from where I'll take the local train to Sendai and from there the shinkansen back home.

Question; there is the JR Senzan line going from Yamadera to Sendai. Any idea how crowded this would get on a Monday afternoon? Do I need to make reservations for this leg of the trip? I'm hoping to take the last train that leaves at 3:59pm. Also, would I have any problems carrying my bike onto the train? Do I need a Rinko bag or would wrapping the wheels on big trash bags suffice?

Thanks in advance.

joewein

Maximum Pace
Oct 25, 2011
Setagaya, Tokyo
joewein.net
I am not from the area, but that JR Senzan connection doesn't look like an express train connection. Generally no reservations are available or required for local trains and a weekday afternoon should not be particularly busy.

You may get away with trash bags, but proper rinko bags are the rule. It depends on your luck who you encounter as you enter the station through the ticket gate. It's very rare for anyone on the forum reporting problems with not having a proper bag and having gone the trashbag and tape route...

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Japan
It depends on your luck who you encounter as you enter the station through the ticket gate. It's very rare for anyone on the forum reporting problems with not having a proper bag and having gone the trashbag and tape route...

And if you want to be "that guy". Watch out if if it's after school time as the trains might be a bit crowded and please don't get anyone dirty. Sounds like a good trip, have fun and ride safe.