What's new

Crankset questions

Freeride39

Peloton Leader
May 28, 2006
Here at Diego Garcia for my TREK 2100 I use a Bontrager crank triple, but since the island has no hills, I have never used the lowest gear chog. Now that I will change my crankset to a Shimano Ultegra 6600, I can get a double for a lower price than the triple model. I know if I go with the double, I need to change out my front derailluer to a double. So do I need the triple for some of the hills in Japan? Is anybody just mainly using a double crankset or should I opt for the variety and go with the triple? ;)

Compact drive(double, but small inner gear) is now getting popular in Japan.
Many bike magazines in Japan are proposing. I'm not sure if it is really meaning for all cyclists. But I'm sure I want one.:warau:

Staying with a triple

If it's a Shimano Ultegra and it looks sexy sleek, I want it too. Nothing like buying a new component. I think I will purchase a triple so I don't have to swap out my Ultegra derralliuer. Thanks
Sora said:
Many bike magazines in Japan are proposing. I'm not sure if it is really meaning for all cyclists. But I'm sure I want one.:warau:

big decision!

Hi,

here comes the time I MUST equip the compact crank in my COLNAGO.
I went to bike shop today before business trip, and ordered.
View attachment 39
It is necessary for Mt. Fuji in Oct.........

What? Should I train before changing crank?
Do not say it!:mad: :warau:

That is a good choice, I will stick with my triple because it's too new to swap out....LOL.

Freeride39 said:
That is a good choice, I will stick with my triple because it's too new to swap out....LOL.
You need new derralliuer?:( :eek:

Sora said:

Pardon me the question, but why do Japanese magazines recommend smaller inner gears? What exactly is the advantage? :eek:

thomas said:
Pardon me the question, but why do Japanese magazines recommend smaller inner gears? What exactly is the advantage? :eek:

That is also becoming the standard for road bikes throughout the sport now. Going with a compact double!

Freeride39 said:
That is also becoming the standard for road bikes throughout the sport now. Going with a compact double!
Yes, using compact double(small inner) we can pedaling 80 or 90 cycles in a minute (it is said efficient) in spite of not so strong pedaling ability.:)

Back
Top Bottom