What's new

Commuting

Shant

Warming-Up
Apr 15, 2010
Hi,

I work in Shinagawa near the eki and want to start commuting to work everyday. I am riding a Trek 4.9 (expensive for me) and really don't want to leave it outside during the day. I can not keep it in my office either. I am willing to pay a monthly fee. Anyone have any ideas for a good place to park?

Hi,

I work in Shinagawa near the eki and want to start commuting to work everyday. I am riding a Trek 4.9 (expensive for me) and really don't want to leave it outside during the day. I can not keep it in my office either. I am willing to pay a monthly fee. Anyone have any ideas for a good place to park?

Maybe get a basic commute bike second hand that will go almost as fast...and cheap enough that you won't mind all they much if it gets stolen... chain it up twice in a busy area...

A lot of buildings have bike rental spaces. THat's what I do. Leave a few chains attached permanently.

Mate, at the east exit of the sinagawa jr train station, right below the round-ish plaza there's a parking lot for bicycles (and small motorbikes). monthly fee of 1800yen (1300yen for students).

Decent space, had no problems whatsoever. You can buy up to three months time in advance. Only catch is, you can get the long-term positions form the 20th to the end of each month, so hurry! :D

Oh, and here's your additional info (in japanese).

Mate, at the east exit of the sinagawa jr train station, right below the round-ish plaza there's a parking lot for bicycles (and small motorbikes). monthly fee of 1800yen (1300yen for students).

Decent space, had no problems whatsoever. You can buy up to three months time in advance. Only catch is, you can get the long-term positions form the 20th to the end of each month, so hurry! :D

Oh, and here's your additional info (in japanese).

This is perfect. I will go check it out. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom