What's new

Tech Clueless About Tubeless

Thanks a lot - one more thing is it true they're (generally?) lighter than equivalent clincher wheelsets?

Sudsy water air compressors eh... GCN seemed to be making out that it was seriously floor pump and bare hands dry levels still not sure if I can trust that. I'll keep thinking - time's on my side for now.

TIres/rim combos determine the amount of pressure needed.
I have been able to seat over 50% of my mountain tires with a regular floor pump.
I was able to reseat a front tire on the trail with a compact pump from my camelbak once.
I have also made up words due to all the cuss words I know not giving me the required ooomph to get a tire on a rim.
1 lesson learned - if it doesn't pop right on, remove the core and give it another shot. Of the ones I have mounted, the core was in for more than half - they seated that easy.

I have contemplated buying something like this...
https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/co...cts/birzman-pump-up-tubeless-tire-pump-silver

You can pump it up with your floor pump, then use it to seat the bead.

Hmm.

Yappari! sounding a little fiddly faddly get fed up and smash my finger diddley's lol

Maybe best for the technically challenged like me to stay clear.. at least til I can venture into MTB wheel territory (where it really is a significant plus to use?)

I don't see the point in tubeless so much, but I am curious about tubulars.... why are they so expensive, and are they actually worth it?

There are also some DIY options for tubeless tire inflators . I'm gonna try some tubeless MTB tires for the first time in a few weeks and if my floor pump doesn't do the trick, I'll have a crack at this.

I don't see the point in tubeless so much, but I am curious about tubulars.... why are they so expensive, and are they actually worth it?

Tubs are mostly for racing aren't they?

Kind of a hassle to change if you get a flat - there's people who use them, they'd be most qualified to fill you in on the details about them. Also lots online about tibulars too.

Back
Top Bottom