What's new

Tech Clipless/SPD street shoes?

kheegster

Cruising
Mar 5, 2018
Hi all,

I'm planning to cycle the ~25km to work semi-regularly, which I refuse to do in a mama-chari. On the other hand, my SPD shoes are a little too sporty to wear around the office.

Does anyone know of any shops in Tokyo where I can find some clipless shoes that look like normal shoes? Like some of these: https://www.cyclingabout.com/stylish-spd-cycling-shoes-which-look-casual/

I can actually find some of them on amazon.co.jp, but I'd prefer to be able to try them out in a shop if possible. Please let me know if anyone has spotted shoes like this in a shop!

KG

I could not imagine wearing bike shoes all day.
Buy a seat pack or handlebar roll and carry your work shoes in that.

I could not imagine wearing bike shoes all day.
Buy a seat pack or handlebar roll and carry your work shoes in that.
I think it depends how much you walk around. Back when I was a mechanic I could never wear my bike shoes at work but nowadays if I know I'm going to be spending most of the day at my desk I'll wear my bike shoes.

@kheegster you could also try something like this for SPD, or this for SPD-SL. That way you could just wear regular shoes and be comfortable at work. I haven't tried them myself but they seem like a practical solution for a commute on relatively flat roads. It would also make the constant stopping and starting at traffic lights a little easier.

Turns out that larger Y's Road branches have at least a few of the kind I have in mind, although the number of sizes they had available was rather iffy. Shibuya branch basically had nearly no available sizes beyond the display shoes, but Okachimachi branch did yield something I fancied.

IMG_0006.jpg

(My rationale for these is that on the commute I'd probably be trying to maintain a high intensity to get a workout in, and in the office I'd usually be wearing slippers anyway ;))

I'd stash some shoes and socks at the office if I was you. All summer your going to be walking around in swampy shoes...:tdown:

I did this forever, tho I mostly used some birkenstock knockoffs instead of shoes.

Back
Top Bottom