What's new

City dweller just getting started

LioLao

Warming-Up
Sep 17, 2019
Thanks for letting me join. Just found this forum via a random google search. I'm a more or less permanently relocated Sweden living in the center of Tokyo who just started riding a month ago. So far I've done mostly Kasumigaura, Arakawa and Tamagawa, but I also managed to put in 70k in Nikko this weekend :).

Looking for safe routes and opportunities to ride around Shibuya (I know, right?) as traveling out to the rivers takes up the whole morning. If you have any favorite roads or tips that are easy to navigate for beginners (with less traffic?) please share!

Anyways, looking forward to partaking in the forum! Cheers all!

Welcome to the forum, @LioLao!

There are plenty of recommended routes in the "Routes" and "Rides" subsections. As for Shibuya: my preferred option is to avoid it altogether if possible. We have lots of commuters on board, too, who should be able to share one advice or another. :)

Hey @thomas thanks for the reply. Yeah I figured most people would not be riding in the Shibuya area unless necessary. I know there is at least one team that practices along the Roppongi street sometimes, but they are way more pro than I :). I'll take a look in the section you suggested!

I take it you already practice rinkōjutsu.

If you'd like to meet some friendly folk and join some non-competitive rides in and around the city, please check out halffastcycling.com - we ride pretty much every day of every weekend when the weather allows, and we don't get up too early.

Fantastic! I will definitely join in some day! Just got back from stretching slightly beyond my caps in the Nikko hills this weekend so will need a short and breezy 30k along Arakawa before joining any more advanced adventure, but this looks amazing! Thank you for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom