What's new

Chromania Sunday - 12/9

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
I'll be joining a friendly ride from Takao Sanguchi @ 10.00 am on Sunday (12/9) . Riders will join from Tama trail and various points. mainly steel bike lovers - so if you're a fan of wool, steel and laces, then please feel free to join! From Takao Sanguchi, we'll ride over Otarumi, then Wada 'sur la plaque' with return to Takao Sanguchi for a Pizza and Gelato. 42 /52 x 14-19 .

I'll be riding out from my usual McD Shinjuku point at about 7.30am and heading along Route 7, then meet up somewhere convenient.

Again I don't really know what your saying here, fancy French stuff, but I'm interested

You're Canadian, right?

1) Sur la Plaque = on the <big> plate <ring>/ Means - we go over the summit hard and heavy! Compacts? What's that? For women to check their makeup, I think.

2) 42/52 = the 'standard' . Almost all front chainsets were 42 /52 combo from about 1952 - 1992. I have a very rare 41T SR front ring - but this was stolen from Guiseppe Saronni's mechanic.

3) 14 - 19 = the 'standard' 5 speed cassette. 14-15-16-17-19. You can throw in a 13 or 21 if you are running a 6 speed. If this was Gastown, you'd be running a corncob, btw. (13-14-15-16-17)

Again I don't really know what your saying here, fancy French stuff, but I'm interested

By the time I entered Onekan, the drivetrain of my bike was making horrible noises. Yesterday I had cleaned the chain after riding in the sand, but apparently RD pulleys need overhauling too. I was so annoyed by this noise that I decided just to ride to the meeting place, say hello to the Chromania folks and ride back.

I arrived at Takaosan-guchi around 9:50, and waited until 10:00 but could not find any cyclist with steel bike. Sorry Tim I missed the ride and the group.:eek:uch:

Eugen

Wow - sorry to miss you! I checked the station from 1000 - 1020 or so, others had gathered across the street at soba shop for a quick refuel. There were about 10 of us! Pace was quite leisurely and we sure would have enjoyed your company! Next time for sure!

By the time I entered Onekan, the drivetrain of my bike was making horrible noises. Yesterday I had cleaned the chain after riding in the sand, but apparently RD pulleys need overhauling too. I was so annoyed by this noise that I decided just to ride to the meeting place, say hello to the Chromania folks and ride back.

I arrived at Takaosan-guchi around 9:50, and waited until 10:00 but could not find any cyclist with steel bike. Sorry Tim I missed the ride and the group.:eek:uch:

Eugen

Back
Top Bottom