Chromania Sunday - 12/9

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
I'll be joining a friendly ride from Takao Sanguchi @ 10.00 am on Sunday (12/9) . Riders will join from Tama trail and various points. mainly steel bike lovers - so if you're a fan of wool, steel and laces, then please feel free to join! From Takao Sanguchi, we'll ride over Otarumi, then Wada 'sur la plaque' with return to Takao Sanguchi for a Pizza and Gelato. 42 /52 x 14-19 .

I'll be riding out from my usual McD Shinjuku point at about 7.30am and heading along Route 7, then meet up somewhere convenient.

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
You're Canadian, right?

1) Sur la Plaque = on the <big> plate <ring>/ Means - we go over the summit hard and heavy! Compacts? What's that? For women to check their makeup, I think.

2) 42/52 = the 'standard' . Almost all front chainsets were 42 /52 combo from about 1952 - 1992. I have a very rare 41T SR front ring - but this was stolen from Guiseppe Saronni's mechanic.

3) 14 - 19 = the 'standard' 5 speed cassette. 14-15-16-17-19. You can throw in a 13 or 21 if you are running a 6 speed. If this was Gastown, you'd be running a corncob, btw. (13-14-15-16-17)

Again I don't really know what your saying here, fancy French stuff, but I'm interested

bird

Speeding Up
Nov 30, 2010
Kawasaki
By the time I entered Onekan, the drivetrain of my bike was making horrible noises. Yesterday I had cleaned the chain after riding in the sand, but apparently RD pulleys need overhauling too. I was so annoyed by this noise that I decided just to ride to the meeting place, say hello to the Chromania folks and ride back.

I arrived at Takaosan-guchi around 9:50, and waited until 10:00 but could not find any cyclist with steel bike. Sorry Tim I missed the ride and the group.:eek:uch:

Eugen

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
Wow - sorry to miss you! I checked the station from 1000 - 1020 or so, others had gathered across the street at soba shop for a quick refuel. There were about 10 of us! Pace was quite leisurely and we sure would have enjoyed your company! Next time for sure!

By the time I entered Onekan, the drivetrain of my bike was making horrible noises. Yesterday I had cleaned the chain after riding in the sand, but apparently RD pulleys need overhauling too. I was so annoyed by this noise that I decided just to ride to the meeting place, say hello to the Chromania folks and ride back.

I arrived at Takaosan-guchi around 9:50, and waited until 10:00 but could not find any cyclist with steel bike. Sorry Tim I missed the ride and the group.:eek:uch:

Eugen