What's new

Tech Chorus Hub Rebuilds...

bloaker

Sincerely A Dick
Nov 14, 2011
I have done some Googling and searched here, however I have not found a definitive process for rebuilding my hubs.

I took the CKs off the bike today and popped the chorus wheels in and gave it a spin on the bike stand. With my hand on the bar, I could feel the grit in the the rear hub. The wheel still spins well, but not as smooth as they could be.
Who has done the rebuild process? Suggestions, tips, tricks?

I have read generic quality bearing are significantly cheaper and just as good as the campy bearings? From a mechanical standpoint, in spec is in spec, so I am inclined to believe this.

Owen want to take a stab at rebuilding them for me and documenting the process so next time I can watch the youtube video and do it? :)

Anyhow - I am in no hurry, these are my spare wheels I use on rollers and a trainer. They roll well still like I said, I just didn't like how rough it felt in the stand. When riding, I can't feel it.

Last edited:
Do me a favour and see if you can get the schematics of the hub you have. We can find out what bearings they are from that, and order some. Will speed things up.

Nice one.

Struggling to identify the hubs... working on it.
Lots of google-magic required.

Take a photo of them and upload. We can work it out together, I am sure.

Back
Top Bottom