What's new

Chichibu & Beyond - Monday, April 30th

I was 15 min late... but couldnt find anyone... did a 100km enomoto loop instead..probably better that way too ;-)

Having a young daughter I can understand. Barbie is to them as Cycling is to you!

It was all Licca-chan in my family... We've even visited the "Licca Town" museum at Fuji Q Highland.

My own cycling distance will probably be way down during GW.

sorry I couldn't join you guys today. I managed to wake up early enough but was kept from leaving the house as a reasonable time by stomach problems that I thought were over (been sick all week. down 3kg as a result). I went west to do matsuhime instead. except for more landslide debris than usual on the roads things out in otsuki were really nice.

how was the chichibu area?

I bailed at Chichibu, home for some family time, but the riding I did was really nice. 95km 1000m.

Wow big ride today with some great riding mates! We started with me, Takaaki, Eugen, Dave, msen, TheBlob, and Aron. Once we dropped down in to Chichbu we met up with Bartek, and shortly thereafter TheBlob and Eugen split off due to other committmenst. From Chichibu, Bartek generously shared his local knowledge and led us out and over the next two climbs. The last climb was particularly brutal, averaging 12.1% over 9.6km! I ended up in Takasaki with 185km with 2620m of climbing under my belt. A sincere thank you to everyone that participated!

I echo all of that. Fantastic day with everyone so again thanks Pete for organising such an EPIC ride - and Bart for leading us from Chichibu. The less said about that last climb the better though. I'll be having nightmares about those 20% sections for days to come :)

He he he! Yeah you should post some pics too...... On the Barbie appreciation society BBS:warau:

Pic or it didn't happen, right? I could not find a more appropriate place to post, so settled for here. Enjoy.

Looking forward to the next big ride...

Pic or it didn't happen, right? I could not find a more appropriate place to post, so settled for here. Enjoy.

Looking forward to the next big ride...

judging by the look on Barbies face I can guess where your other hand is:cool:

The last climb was particularly brutal, averaging 12.1% over 9.6km!

Glad I had another commitment and couldn't suffer that one with you! Seems like a great time had by all. I'm looking forward to joining you on the next ride.

It was a great ride indeed. And it was very nice meeting you guys and riding together around the Chichibu area.

As for the climb, I am sure we all feel it today. I certainly do. After all it was a 1st category climb (according to Strava).

Hope you'll be back here soon for some more exploration.

It was a great ride indeed. And it was very nice meeting you guys and riding together around the Chichibu area.

As for the climb, I am sure we all feel it today. I certainly do. After all it was a 1st category climb (according to Strava).

Hope you'll be back here soon for some more exploration.

Bart, thank you, mate! It was great meeting and riding with you, and definitely we'll be back. At the moment the weather is looking a bit dodgy for Thursday, so I am thinking of maybe hitting the ghost town on Friday. How is your schedule?

Pete, Friday is OK unless my wife has already planned something. Let me get back to you on this one tonight. I definitely would like to do it.

Back
Top Bottom