What's new

Chichibu & Beyond - Monday, April 30th

I imagined a bunch of guys throwing full water bottles at me as I tried to climb the last 500m...

LMAO! That would make for some interesting cycling! Good stuff! :p

I for one would love to have a woman along. And, the reality is that after climbing Shiraishi Toge, if you think it's too much for you or if the pace differential is excessive, you can bail out to Chichibu or back down Shiraishi to Myokaku Station. Both options are all downhill. In any event, you are welcome to join us and welcome to give it a go if you are interested and think you are up to it!

I for one would love to have a woman along.

Translation; Pete needs a mother figure to molly-coddle him when everyone else beats him up the mountain.

Pedal-Strike; just ride up with the rest of the guys and wait for Pete at the top; you might need to burp him over your shoulder once in a while, but he will be fine.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:bike:

I'm trying definitely but am used to hide it for the others ;)

I wanted to offer to do all of the work in front of the pack on the flats, but it seems there's not going to be any wind at all. And I'm limited by my gearing, cannot go to slow! Maybe I'll bring my backpack, I can carry some stuff for those less "experienced" :D

ha ha ha! Aron you are a cyborg. Just promise to puff a bit when you go past me up the hills this time instead of making small talk that I can only respond to with grunts.:cool:

Or bring some more of those wafer things... that is acceptable behaviour!!:warau::warau:

Translation; Pete needs a mother figure to molly-coddle him when everyone else beats him up the mountain.

Pedal-Strike; just ride up with the rest of the guys and wait for Pete at the top; you might need to burp him over your shoulder once in a while, but he will be fine.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:bike:

lolz! :D

Sounds good Pete although the 6.30 might be painful :( I'll provisionally say yes ..

Got the green light for this two days ago, but it seems I am going to a 50 years of Barbie exhibition in Shibuya tomorrow. Tough decision, but you know how it is. Have fun and post some pics.

Sorry guys, I think I'm going to flake out tomorrow.

Besides, I'm sure Pete will roll his eyes, but my right forearm is still sore from descending Wada on the hoods. Next time you guys roll out to some mountains and want to meet at a more humane time, let me know :D

Got the green light for this two days ago, but it seems I am going to a 50 years of Barbie exhibition in Shibuya tomorrow. Tough decision, but you know how it is. Have fun and post some pics.

Good GOD.

Yamabushi; 'Hey want to come to sit on some really nice chairs, with friends, watching TV and just relaxing with some beers and nice food?'

IkedaWilliams; 'No thanks. I am set on hitting myself hard down the urethra with ear-shatteringly high-pitched atonal irradiated pink torture-entertainment and paying 70,000yen for the privilege, ultimately going home on a horrifically humid train, thinking to myself "Why am I alive?"'

:D

He he he! Yeah you should post some pics too...... On the Barbie appreciation society BBS:warau:

I'll be at the spaceship at 6.45am

Sorry guys, I think I'm going to flake out tomorrow.

Besides, I'm sure Pete will roll his eyes, but my right forearm is still sore from descending Wada on the hoods. Next time you guys roll out to some mountains and want to meet at a more humane time, let me know :D

No worries, Kaiko, catch you next time! And yes, for any serious descending you must descend in the drops! I don't know how you didn't kill yourself going down the frontside of Wada on the hoods?? Even thinking about doing that, makes me shudder a little bit! :eek:

Having a young daughter I can understand. Barbie is to them as Cycling is to you! At the end of the day - what you do with and for your family is how a man is honorably merited and judged. Regardless the event. Her smile will be worth all the hills in Chichibu.

It is comments like that which make me feel even more unwelcome.

Probably best if I stay off the forum from now on.

Cheers.

Owen.

pete, around what time do you think you'll be rolling by myokaku (station right before first climb)? i'd like to join you but I don't really like the long transit ride out. if i think i can get to myokaku in time to meet up with y'all i'll be there. don't wait for me though.

pete, around what time do you think you'll be rolling by myokaku (station right before first climb)? i'd like to join you but I don't really like the long transit ride out. if i think i can get to myokaku in time to meet up with y'all i'll be there. don't wait for me though.

My best guess would be around 8:30am plus or minus a bit. It'd be great if you can join us! We'll probably make our first pit-stop at the Family Mart just around the corner from there located HERE.

Back
Top Bottom