What's new

Chichibu & Beyond - Monday, April 30th

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Monday Takaaki and I will be riding up the Arakawa, over Shiraishi and Sadamine Toge descending down into Chichibu. From there we'll be heading out the west side of Chichibu for two more meaty climbs and serious descents, eventually working our way to Takasaki Station where we'll catch the train back to Tokyo. This is a reasonably hefty ride with minimal bailout points and not so many stops, so pacing yourself will be important. All climbs will be wait at the top (WATT). There'll be plenty of climbing, descending, greenery, and countless miles of beautiful rindos for anyone capable and interested.

INFO:
Meet Time: 6:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 2500-3000m
Distance: 165-175km
Route: HERE

I hope to see you Monday morning! :D

Hi Pete!
Do you think we can hop on a train at Takasaki around 2pm-ish?
If not, I might just bail out at Seibu-Chichibu.
(I want to be back in Kawasaki by 4pm)

See you on Monday!

Eugen

Ah I would have loved to have joined this.

I am busy with some devious and mischievous business on Monday though, so unfortunately I can not.

Next time, Gadget. Next time.

I'm looking forward to it already. See you there.:D

Yep, it should be a good one!!

Hi Pete!
Do you think we can hop on a train at Takasaki around 2pm-ish?
If not, I might just bail out at Seibu-Chichibu.
(I want to be back in Kawasaki by 4pm)

See you on Monday!

Eugen

It's doubtful that we can make it to Takasaki by 2pm, however you've got a couple of options in addition to bailing at Seibu Chichibu. Maybe the best for you is looping around and over Yamabushi Toge ending at Hanno Station or maybe even Oume depending on time. To avoid confusing anyone else, I'll e-mail you directly about this topic.

Ah I would have loved to have joined this.

I am busy with some devious and mischievous business on Monday though, so unfortunately I can not.

Next time, Gadget. Next time.

Next time, mate! :cool:

This sounds quite fun, whats the approx target pace if I may ask, I am not a big climber and mostly geared towards flat racing but would love the challenge of the hills

This sounds quite fun, whats the approx target pace if I may ask, I am not a big climber and mostly geared towards flat racing but would love the challenge of the hills

Hi Alex, thank you for posting. We'll mostly be cruising in the 30-34km/hr region on the flats, as for the climbing... well that's more variable. As mentioned ealier, we'll wait at the top for everyone to regroup so no one is lost or left behind. If someone is excessively slow we'll deal with that after the first climb. At the risk of being repetitive, there will be a lot of climbing, if you feel you are up for it, please join us. BTW, Eugen (Bird) will be bailing out somewhere shortly after the first climb, so if you need to bail you'll have company.

Sounds good, thank you yes will bail out if I see not fit enough for long journey
Will do my best on the hills even though havent been riding too much last few month.
See you all on monday morning

Looks like a great route. I'd be happy to join you for at least a part of the route from Chichibu to Kanna or even Fujioka. Approximately what time do you think you will be in Chichibu?

Looks like a great route. I'd be happy to join you for at least a part of the route from Chichibu to Kanna or even Fujioka. Approximately what time do you think you will be in Chichibu?

Hey Bartek, I was hoping you were going to chime in. Great to hear from you! I'm guessing we'll be in Chichibu about 11am or shortly thereafter. It would be great to have you along with us if the timing works for you. Send me a PM and we can exchange keitai numbers and arrange a potential meeting point!

Weather looks very good and I got myself a rinko bag yesterday, so I'll join too. Looking forward to more exploration.

Cheers, Aron

I'm trying definitely but am used to hide it for the others ;)

I wanted to offer to do all of the work in front of the pack on the flats, but it seems there's not going to be any wind at all. And I'm limited by my gearing, cannot go to slow! Maybe I'll bring my backpack, I can carry some stuff for those less "experienced" :D

I'm trying definitely but am used to hide it for the others ;)

I wanted to offer to do all of the work in front of the pack on the flats, but it seems there's not going to be any wind at all. And I'm limited by my gearing, cannot go to slow! Maybe I'll bring my backpack, I can carry some stuff for those less "experienced" :D

LOL... that's the spirit! :)

So tempted to join you guys for at least part of this ride.

But 6.30...

Mate, I hear you... I am definitely not a morning person either. That being said, this is going to be a hell of a good ride. Get your arse out of bed and to the starting point, it'll be worth it!

Back
Top Bottom