What's new

Chichibu, #299 & Kannako - Saturday, May 5th

"Chichibu, #299 & Kannako - Saturday, May 5th"

It's looking like rain again for the ghost ride. I'm thinking of maybe joining this one instead.

Dave

Pete, I've been wanting to join one of your rides for a long time, but the timing has never worked out. I won't be able to do the full ride tomorrow, but if it's OK, I'd like to join the gang until Karibazaka-toge, from which point I'll loop back into Tokyo via Ome. Clay (echothree) might be with me, and possibly a couple of other "guest stars," as well. :)

I'll be at the Family Mart at 6:30.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Deej

was checking in to go.... 6:30? fookinell..... shouldn't have opened this second bottle of wine.....

i'll see what happens in the morning! :eek:

I won't be able to do the full ride tomorrow, but if it's OK, I'd like to join the gang until Karibazaka-toge, from which point I'll loop back into Tokyo via Ome.

Deej

I am heading back to Hanno from chichibu, maybe we can go some of that way in the same direction?

Pete, I've been wanting to join one of your rides for a long time, but the timing has never worked out. I won't be able to do the full ride tomorrow, but if it's OK, I'd like to join the gang until Karibazaka-toge, from which point I'll loop back into Tokyo via Ome. Clay (echothree) might be with me, and possibly a couple of other "guest stars," as well. :)

I'll be at the Family Mart at 6:30.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Deej

Great, sounds like a plan! You got to take it easy on us mere mortals on the climb though! :D

Great, sounds like a plan! You got to take it easy on us mere mortals on the climb though! :D

Ha ha! Don't worry, I'm more mouth than legs. :) Clay, meanwhile, is the opposite: Reserved, modest and brutally fast. I just try to glom onto his wheel for as long as possible.

Ha ha! Don't worry, I'm more mouth than legs. :) Clay, meanwhile, is the opposite: Reserved, modest and brutally fast. I just try to glom onto his wheel for as long as possible.

LOL... yeah, I know Clay is the real deal! And, I've hear you're not too shabby yourself! :D

I'm in for one of them. Looking at the weather it looks like the same chance of rain on both Saturday and Sunday. Everyone seems to be swaying towards Saturday now .. I guess Sundays ride is more risky in terms of weather dependant terrain. I might see you at @ 6.30am tomorrow .. Still deciding ..

I'm in for one of them. Looking at the weather it looks like the same chance of rain on both Saturday and Sunday. Everyone seems to be swaying towards Saturday now .. I guess Sundays ride is more risky in terms of weather dependant terrain. I might see you at @ 6.30am tomorrow .. Still deciding ..

Yeah, it's a tough one. Sunday's ride is definitely more adventurous, but IMHO it's more important for that one to be as dry as possible. Either way, hope to see you soon!

Well, I wasn't as fast out of the gates this morning as I would have liked.

I got to the spaceship and saw you guys from there, I was maybe 3 minutes behind. I knew it was a fast group, would be tough/impossible to catch up with them, but figured I'd give it a go.

I was quite literally head down in the drops, fighting into the headwind. I totally missed the ramp down towards the golf course and found myself at a dead end after a few hundred meters.

Fail.

Figured catching up was done, so decided that was a good time to actually put on some sunscreen and then do something else.....

hope you guys had a good ride.... !

Sorry missed us.

It was a strong headwind all the way up Arakawa. I tried sucking wheels but I still have some fear of that so I probably worked a little harder than I needed to.

Anyway the climbing was hard but fun. The other guys (clay, deej, and Jules) pretty much left me for dead but I did my best to put in a decent effort. I couldn't really enjoy the downhills. With my shoulder and neck a bit sore from my off yesterday. Not to complain we had a few laughs and I did my longest ride ever, my most vertical meters and longest climb and still got home a little after one thirty..

Took my daughter to the park after and she made me carry her on my shoulders up about 60 stairs..thought that would be the end if me, at least she enjoyed it.

Thanks for the company, wAiting for me at the top fellas and for organizing Pete, I'm already looking forward to the next one.

tB

Well, I wasn't as fast out of the gates this morning as I would have liked.

I got to the spaceship and saw you guys from there, I was maybe 3 minutes behind. I knew it was a fast group, would be tough/impossible to catch up with them, but figured I'd give it a go.

I was quite literally head down in the drops, fighting into the headwind. I totally missed the ramp down towards the golf course and found myself at a dead end after a few hundred meters.

Fail.

Figured catching up was done, so decided that was a good time to actually put on some sunscreen and then do something else.....

hope you guys had a good ride.... !

Sorry that we missed you!

Pete, I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Cheers mate, catch you soon!

Despite the fact the we had numerous punctures that put us way behind schedule, great ride today! Clay, Deej and Jules joined and Clay proceeded to grind us good into the headwind and out to the first climb. I was good and drained before we started actually climbing! But it was great having the trio along, and I hope they'll join us more often from here forward.

From the Green Line Clay, Deej, Jules and Anthony split off and headed back towards Oume. For Eric, Takaaki, Dave, Kevin, Mark and myself, we had a lot more riding and exploring to do! To make a long story short, I ended up with 198km and 2434m of climbing somehow maintaining an average speed of 25.2km/hr. I'm pretty wiped, but have another big day planned for tomorrow. I need to get to bed soon! :)

Thank you to everyone that participated! :thumb:

Pete, thanks for setting up this great ride! It was my longest ride to date, 212k. :rescue:

I really wanted to bailout after the first climb, but I am glad I continued to the end. The puncture and two chain slips made things a bit more challenging than I would have liked, but adding this ride to my list of accomplishments is a great feeling.:happy:

Back
Top Bottom